Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for led light bars on their cats ,looking at buying one ,so many choices

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you mention there are a lot of choices, Pick a bar length that fits the location you want to mount it in and then decide how much you want to spend, the skies the limit or in my case my wallet
would it matter the wattage I seen there was some with different wattage just curious

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I would advise you wire the light through a relay to supply power, if you wire directly to the accessory plug you only have 15 amps I believe available to run accessories

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would advise you wire the light through a relay to supply power, if you wire directly to the accessory plug you only have 15 amps I believe available to run accessories
So with a relay I could puT any Wattage

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Mtgott has given you great advice! In all seriousness, what's your budget, and expectations? Examples I'll give you the high and the low. Baja Designs, and Totron, or another Chinese light bar. 40" lightbar. BD roughly $1500, Totron roughly $400. Both give and take about $100, once again rough figures. BD Lumens roughly 7500, Totron roughly 1000 (not sure), BD watt draw (Big!), Totron (not so much), light coverage, there really is no comparison. BD will make night look like day. But, and here's the caveat, they both do the same thing, light the trail. Hope this kind of helps.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The trail (and I believe the sport) have roughly 30 amps to power accessories. How many watts you can pull depends on what other accessories you already have and will be running at the same time. Definitely go through a relay and I recommend using a switched power source for the trigger wire.

I have been happy with my NiLight light bars from Amazon. They were around $50 just for the bar. They are bright and they appear to be durable as mine have been through several washes and are still going strong.

·
Registered
119 Posts
you don't want to draw more watts than what the charging system put's out or you will drain the battery.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I run a 180w 30" bar ($50 amazon) with a relay to a dash switch. I also run 2x 90w pods with a relay off my hi-beam switch. No need to use both at the same time and I worry about the draw over a long ride. Either puts out great lighting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts