Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaning towards a quick light. Anyone got any other suggestions! Pros, cons, nakid woman wrapped in fiber optic whips, you know the normal wildcat forum stuff.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
There was one brand, it might have been Quick light, that is a lexan rod or tube with the LED at the base and it lights up the entire rod, it has a quick disconnect.

Lots of complaints on that one. It snaps off right above the quick disconnect, especially on rough riding UTVs. Although he claims lifetime warranty, he'll deny the warranty, claiming you broke it in a rollover.

There is a different brand that has a row of really bright LEDs inside and they seem to work well. I've seen them in the dunes and they don't flex as much, seem to hold up better. Sorry I don't have brand names for ya.

I've got a $85 LED lighted whip, it's OK, not as bright as the newer ones. One has been on my golf cart for about 6 yrs now and still works great. The other one has been sitting in my garage all that time, waiting for a UTV worthy enough to install it. Soon!

I don't run a lighted whip on my rail any more. There's no requirement for it, and if you can't see my 3.5 Bazillion candlepower HIDs, we've got some problems!!

LOL

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like Quick Light whips. I installed 2 of them for my bro-in-law at the beggining of this season. They do cost a bit more than other lighted whips, but the fiber optics look great (way better than a bunch of leds). They seem to work really well. I'll probably ditch my led whips this season and get a couple for myself.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Socal I agree with you but this scenario pops into my head. You have been out riding tearing it up and you have to take a piss like no other. You can't leave your (insert lighting source here) on and stay close to your ride. So you turn the lights off and pull it out knowing that it would take someone really stupid to hit your toy since your whip is on!

Disclaimer: Yes people that stupid do exist the only thing you can do to be safe is shoot them in the head. They are zombies.:eek:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a Tribal Whips, inexpensive, Red White and Blue one, i have rolled over on it, bashed it off of at least 500-600 trees, slammed it against the roll cage at least 200 times in g outs and drop offs, and it finally made the red at the top glow dimly. The guy I bought it from said call Tribal Whips and talk to him, he was interested in their longevity and would replace it free or for next to nothing.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Jack have always used safeglo whips out of San Dimas, ca they hold up well and are very bright. I broke a first generation one 4 years go and they replaced it no questions asked. Haven't had any problems since

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Socal I agree with you but this scenario pops into my head. You have been out riding tearing it up and you have to take a piss like no other. You can't leave your (insert lighting source here) on and stay close to your ride. So you turn the lights off and pull it out knowing that it would take someone really stupid to hit your toy since your whip is on!

Disclaimer: Yes people that stupid do exist the only thing you can do to be safe is shoot them in the head. They are zombies.:eek:

I always leave my HIDs on when taking a leak at night. LED light bars don't have enough range to see the end of it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LIES. Unless you mean your nose lol!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have seen a sandrail that installed 1 of his HIDs to point straight up into the air. Talk about a lighted whip! You could literally see where he was dining all the way from camp. It is a very cool idea at night. Never have trouble with getting separated..................

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Here is the post from another forum, his name is Chris. Drives very well, never wrecks, pretty fast. He runs a small flag, about 9"x12". What concerned him (and caught my eye) is they claim there is a warranty, but he never honors it. Unbreakable means never breaking. if you do break it, a replacement or upgraded replacement should be free. At that point, they can't claim to be unbreakable any more.

All,

I'm not normally one to get on here and talk trash about people's products, I'm usually telling everyone how cool they are, in this case over $200 per whip. Well, after 6 years and about $1,000 in whips from Quicklight plus referring and telling people how great they are, I finally got screwed one last time. Last year, Jeremy the owner of Quicklight took a pole back because it broke at the base, not from rolling, just from well...duning. He said if I wanted to pay for an upgraded whip pole that he would hook me up. So, of course I did, paid him the $35 bucks and he gave me the upgraded whip and told me to "break it". I said, ok.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I do not thrash my stuff nor have I ever been on my lid (currently knocking on wood). At the end of the season another (upgraded) whip broke at the base. I emailed Jeremy and he told me that he would take care of me. I told him that I would just save cash on shipping them to him and walk them into the SSSS.

I approached Quicklight's booth, Jeremy breaks out the calculator and starts adding up the options for me. Now, I have dual whips and only one broke, so I was prepared to buy another pole to match the one that was broken since I like things to match. He wanted to charge me $35 for the broken pole rebuild which he was not doing at the show, and another $20 to send it back to me. Then, the one he fixed for me last year was shorter now so he wanted to charge me another $120 for that one.

Standing next to me is my good friend Chris who has been getting Tribal Whips exchanged with no questions asked every year. These whips have stopped working, but never break and are half the cost of a Quicklight.

My complaint is don't tell people that your product is unbreakable, tell your customers to go break it, then try to charge them for your lack of engineering. Most people are going to laugh at me for paying so much for a stupid whip, I'm with you now. I do however believe in paying for quality in a product, I guess I've just lost faith in this one.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have seen a sandrail that installed 1 of his HIDs to point straight up into the air. Talk about a lighted whip! You could literally see where he was dining all the way from camp. It is a very cool idea at night. Never have trouble with getting separated..................
That would be pretty cool! Run an American flag, and light it up at night!

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
Weird.. if you break a quick light that you bought from us we just hand you a new one, no questions asked.. then quick light replaces them for us.... never had any problems with a warranty and out of 384 whips sold in the last 2 years, we have maybe replaced 10 whips. but its no questions.. bring it and i hand you a new one.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Weird.. if you break a quick light that you bought from us we just hand you a new one, no questions asked.. then quick light replaces them for us.... never had any problems with a warranty and out of 384 whips sold in the last 2 years, we have maybe replaced 10 whips. but its no questions.. bring it and i hand you a new one.

Yes, I thought so too!

I heard another vendor say they exchange them no questions asked and never had a problem getting them replaced, so your experience sounds like the norm.

I'm kind of a stickler about wording, they shouldn't use the term "unbreakable" unless they've never broken one. "nearly unbreakable" or "fairly sturdy" would probably be more accurate. LOL

Johnny, do you carry Rigid LED light bars? Now THAT is a product that is unbreakable! I've seen them beat one with a baseball bat (no damage), drill big holes through it (a couple of LEDs went out right where they drilled) and I've heard a couple of race cars and a trophy truck have rolled onto them while mounted on the roof and they suffered no damage. If anyone has broken one, I haven't heard of it yet.

I'm thinking a 30" SR on the roof, and a 10" SR on the hood. Maybe later, if I do a lot of night riding, I might add 2 6" SRs, one for each side.

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts