Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry I am too busy this week to edit any of this. I am doing what I can to just get the raw footage up there. It could be rough, there might be boring segments, etc, so just watch what you want and skip the rest. I might edit some of this next weekend, but between running 1 business and starting another, my time is very limited. As I have time, I will continue uploading videos. I shot some and Donkey413 shot the majority as he went with quite a few demo ride alongs. You can find them all by going to YouTube and searching for my channel redflametech. You will see them all there as I add them. I will add the pictures to this thread later after I edit them from RAW to JPEG.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Some Good Vids There Red Thanks
Now You Can Join The I Really Cant Wait Club

·
Registered
791 Posts
Red,
Thanks for the videos and look forward to seeing your pictures. Try not to work too hard this week and don't worry the videos are fine the way they are. I didn't take any video the day I went because it was raining so much and my video camera isn't waterproof. So yours are great I am showing them to the wife and telling her "see see how smooth that thing is and how quiet it is in the cab??" She of course just smiles at me and shakes her head. She knows we are going to spend more money.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Great video Red...looks like a cool place to ride, I gotta ask though...weren't you tempted to say "the hell with these guy's and just go all out!!!:D Seeing all that terrain and having to play follow the leader had to take alot of discipline and will power.

·
Registered
508 Posts
When we did our demo we probably didnt get over 35 and that is no joke. He said he had to have them for like 5 more demos and those were the only ones they had. Trust me I was tempted to take off but I was happy to atleast get a small taste.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We took Donkey413 and his bro for a little RZR S ride. Little slow since the poor RZR S does not have the suspension or motor for 2 grown men, but this will give you a good idea of just how rough and whooped out those trails are where they drove the Wildcat. My brother hits the fence, ROFL! The video continues after we unstuck him, but it's still uploading.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great video Red...looks like a cool place to ride, I gotta ask though...weren't you tempted to say "the hell with these guy's and just go all out!!!:D Seeing all that terrain and having to play follow the leader had to take alot of discipline and will power.
Great plan, but we were actually first in line, and before they let us go, they were telling the ride along guys, "if anyone stops listening to slow downs, pull the key and and swap seats, if they don't listen, make them walk, and I am dead serious about this" ---something to that effect not verbatim, but I didn't want to get Donkey in any trouble, so I listened. We did fall off the leader a bit and I got to floor it for a brief time.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When we did our demo we probably didnt get over 35 and that is no joke. He said he had to have them for like 5 more demos and those were the only ones they had. Trust me I was tempted to take off but I was happy to atleast get a small taste.
We got the same thing, but it all depended who you rode with. I got to floor it a couple times, but he did say don't pass 6200 RPM or something, which was about 52 or 53 MPH. Pretty smooth at 45 over those whoops which were bigger than the video makes them look. Check my RZR S ride I just posted where we took AC boys for a PoPo ride. You will gain some perspective on the roughness.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A couple more videos Arctic went back out and let me take a few pics and short video at the end of the day after the event.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I am sorry I am too busy this week to edit any of this. I am doing what I can to just get the raw footage up there. It could be rough, there might be boring segments, etc, so just watch what you want and skip the rest. I might edit some of this next weekend, but between running 1 business and starting another, my time is very limited. As I have time, I will continue uploading videos. I shot some and Donkey413 shot the majority as he went with quite a few demo ride alongs. You can find them all by going to YouTube and searching for my channel redflametech. You will see them all there as I add them. I will add the pictures to this thread later after I edit them from RAW to JPEG.

In this video at 57 secs how into it were you? Cause that cat is walking away the whole time.......

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In this video at 57 secs how into it were you? Cause that cat is walking away the whole time.......
Flat on the floor, probably about 45-50ish since there were 2 of us in the RZR it really slows it down. The Wildcat is deceiving, it doesn't feel fast, the motor sounds slow when it's accelerating, but I guess it's moving pretty good now that I think about it.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Flat on the floor, probably about 45-50ish since there were 2 of us in the RZR it really slows it down. The Wildcat is deceiving, it doesn't feel fast, the motor sounds slow when it's accelerating, but I guess it's moving pretty good now that I think about it.
Yeah there are two people in each machine, so that part is a wash. It was walking away pretty good, especially right before they hit the brakes it was really starting to run off from you guys.

Thanks for the info, now we know even the rumored "slow" demos on knobbies are at least able to easily down a non-XP RZR that has sand tires on it when in sand. Obviously on dirt the Cat would have totally walked away as it was giving up a pretty good traction advantage to the RZR.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Start of RZR floored, we do not know if the Wildcat was floored, was at about 58 secs in the vid here:

All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Soil Off-roading Mode of transport

Point at which Wildcat hits brakes 12 seconds later at 1:10 in the vid here:

Road Asphalt Mode of transport Lane Vehicle

Thats an ass whipping, plain and simple. In the sand, RZR on paddles Wildcat on knobbies. But peeps are saying the Wildcat is slow. Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
791 Posts
TX,
Your always going to get the nay sayers. IT won't matter what you say or show. The best thing to do is just ignore them and move on. I have driven the 800S and know how it drives and the Wildcat is faster it just doesn't feel like it is because of how you sit, the smoothness of the suspension and how quiet the engine is. I can't wait until the production units are out and all the BS is over with.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TX,
Your always going to get the nay sayers. IT won't matter what you say or show. The best thing to do is just ignore them and move on. I have driven the 800S and know how it drives and the Wildcat is faster it just doesn't feel like it is because of how you sit, the smoothness of the suspension and how quiet the engine is. I can't wait until the production units are out and all the BS is over with.
Top end of the Wildcat is pretty good especially for knobbies, it was only acceleration in High that felt a little lacking, then again, knobbies, knobbies, knobbies, can't say that enough, because this sand is very soft and fine.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Sweet videos!!!!!!!!!! That comparison of your rzr and cat is pretty good eye opener!!!! I had no idea i guess that suspension eats up alot more than we expected.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
We took Donkey413 and his bro for a little RZR S ride. Little slow since the poor RZR S does not have the suspension or motor for 2 grown men, My brother hits the fence, ROFL!
LOL TWO GROWN MEN? JUST SAY IT FAT BOYS RIDING WITH YOU GUYS WERE SLOWING YOU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROTF

"My brother hits the fence, ROFL!"

YEA I WAS THINK OH NO THIS IS GONNA SUCK!!!!!!!! SEEING HOW ALL THE STICKER BUSHES WERE WHERE WE WERE HEADED!!LMAO

REALLY HAD A GOOD TIME THOUGH THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUN

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Opps :cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Excellent video's Red.....I am really liking the ride with the RZR's....nice comparison....thanks so much for your time filming and posting!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts