Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a problem I’m hoping somebody could help me with. I have a 2016 wildcat X. I’ve come here a few times before and peoples advice have been invaluable. There’s a definite sound when I engage four-wheel-drive. However when I set the front end to lock there’s no sound. Should there be a second sound accompanying when I lock the front differential? It seems that my machine will not go into full lock. I’ve already re-wired the switches into two separate switches. But the results are the same.

·
Administrator
27,564 Posts
Explain re-wiring what switches? You should hear the sound of the actuator when you push the 4x switch, and then you should be in 4x4.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
The question is about locking, not 4WD.

I hear nearly identical "whirring" sounds when I go into 4WD and when I lock the axle. Silence is not good.

I messed with the wiring a few months ago, looking to do separate switches. The circuit logic of the two modes wasn't as simple as I thought it to be and I shelved that project. That said, it sounds like Lock quit working first with the OEM switch and still doesn't work now that you've rewired it. If that is the case, I would go to the basics and confirm that the wiring harness all the way to the lock actuator is solid.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
GeneralTarget, did you find a solution?

I was able to pull the switch out of the dash panel far enough to get to the wiring harness for the switch. There might be another splice or jumper tucked further back under the dash, but I'm about 95% certain that I am able to lock (while in 4WD) the front axle by jumpering the two white with colored stripe wires. IIRC, they are white w/ green and white w/ yellow, or maybe orange. There are only two white with colored stripe wires at the switch, so it would be hard to get it wrong.

I now have a steering column stalk control for Lock in addition to the OEM dash switch. There have been times that I wanted the front axle locked very briefly just to get around an obstacle or corner. I never mastered the locking tab, so engaging Lock seemed like it always took 5 or 10 seconds of fumbling. No more - flip the right hand stalk control down for Lock, flip it back up to unlock without ever letting go of the steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts