Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I installed the satv long travel kit on my trail to convert it to a sport. I'm using the stock fox shocks with 240lb bandit springs all around, but the rears are rubbing and binding, so I'm going to install sport shocks back there.

Does anyone have any aftermarket recommendations for shocks? I was looking at the bandit 46, and elka's. Are there any others I should be looking at also? Mainly mixture of rocky and sandy trail riding in NH.

Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
just go with the bandits, best value

i like the stage 5 elkas that came on my sport limited and have dialed them in really well along with the d&p springs. most people never cared for the elkas.

Reactions: diggman33

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just go with the bandits, best value

i like the stage 5 elkas that came on my sport limited and have dialed them in really well along with the d&p springs. most people never cared for the elkas.
Thanks, I did end up going with the Bandit 46's. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diggman would like to hear what you think about the bandits.
Will do. I can tell you the 240lb bandit springs on the stock fox shocks makes a huge difference in the overall ride quality and handling (for the better).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey diggman I have the bandit springs and the fox shocks on my trail with the super atv kit. I was hoping to hear how the new shocks compare to the foxes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Tmack, The bandit springs + the satv ltk (plus 28s on 14s) gave me over 15" of clearance at stock preload settings... and a much stiffer ride with better higher speed handling. I have yet to bottom out these shocks and I'm 185 lbs with about 160 lbs of passenger/gear. The only downside so far is that my rear springs started to rub against the shock shaft and bind/click. This led to a very interesting conversation with bandit. I don't want to bash bandit, because I do believe they have a good product, but basically they told me the best spring setup for the satv ltk conversion in their lineup are the 46s for the sport rather than the 240lb trail springs they initially steered me to. They let me order just the rears, so I'm going to install them and see how they hold up. From what I gather I'll just need to remove the upper satv rear shock extender and the 46s should fit right in.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So you are installing just the 46 springs on the rear or the 46 spring and shocks on the rear? I look at mine and can't see any spring shock interference? I've been slowly cranking up the rears to get proper preload between front and rear of the machine. Btw I have 330 miles on my machine and the rear knuckle bushings that didn't come with the super atv kit are really sloppy. Not that I think it would cause your spring binding but something for you to watch. I was able to buy just the knuckle bushings from garage products. Called them yesterday and they had a tracking#in about three hours. I had emailed him on Saturday and he replied in a couple of hours. Emailed ajs last week and never got a reply. Although his website doesn't list any bushings so maybe he doesn't do that anymore

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im installing the 46 springs/shocks. Not sure what went south on my setup, but I checked all the usual suspects and it definitely seems like an issue with the heavy spring/stock shock body. I plan on mounting the 46's tomorrow. Hopefully that will sort out my rear end squeaks, creeks and crunches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts