Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my Polaris XP1k and I'm looking at the new Wildcat XX, can you guys/gals offer me some thoughts on the new model? I went to the AZ off road expo in Scottsdale this year and had the opportunity to test drive one, but it was around a small track and I wasn't able to really explore it's potential. But I was really impressed with it, and it's a lot more affordable for me.

·
Administrator
27,597 Posts
Are you the Tribal Whips guy?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently sold my Polaris XP1k and I'm looking at the new Wildcat XX, can you guys/gals offer me some thoughts on the new model? I went to the AZ off road expo in Scottsdale this year and had the opportunity to test drive one, but it was around a small track and I wasn't able to really explore it's potential. But I was really impressed with it, and it's a lot more affordable for me.
Between about 4 different XX's--I've had the chance to put on around 6-700 miles--

1st ride--dealer show in Vegas--took a brand new unit, beat the you-know-what out of it for an hour or so, nose dove it once from about 15 feet up, zero issues. Sand, rocks, jumping, etc.

2nd ride--to/from work daily when weather allows--asphalt and concrete--35-70mph, probably close to 450 miles--zero issues

3rd ride--Black Hills a month ago, brand new unit with zero miles--260 miles in two days, camp 5 trails (solid rock in many places, 1'-2' rocks going over at a snails pace, rocky trails, dirt roads, gravel roads--all terrains--zero issues

4th ride--yesterday, ERX motorpark in Elk River MN--their small UTV course--doubles, steep embankments--someone else's ride (Textron's)--just happened to be the one in my profile pic wrapped by Octane Ink. The 8 machines there were beaten like they were stolen all day. One rolled, no other casualties. We were doing the doubles in 4wd as instructed. Pretty sure one unit lost the 4wd, but there were 6 groups of 12-14 riders that did this ALL DAY LONG. Was VERY impressed to say the least in the abuse these machines took without issues. Many were launched 30-40 foot PAST the downside of the double, landing in the flat, at close to full throttle, without breaking.
Had an X3 there, and an XP 1000--in the bumps--absolutely NO COMPARISON--the XX out handles them--no chasing the rear end around, none of the harsh rear end noises when doing it at speed.

To sum it up, IMO--

If you're looking for the FASTEST, highest HP ride--the XX is not for you.
If you're looking for the most expensive ride--the XX is not for you.
If you're looking for a car that doesn't ever break down--NONE of the machines made today are for you.
If you want the BEST HANDLING, best tracking, fun driving machine with more than enough power to get the job done--BUY THE XX!!!

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
^^^^think he said it all^^^^

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
we had a great time in our xx up your way this past week...at times it felt like a hover craft compared to our 5 previous machines...only issue is the momentary herky jerky when starting forward/reverse from a stop...in to the dealer's now for more accessory add-ons that came in while in nemo...they are gonna clean the belt and sheaves to get the lurching issue taken care of...the ride/handling/get up and go were beyond expectations...go for it!...

Reactions: mtgott and dspete05

·
Registered
549 Posts
I got 3 rides out of mine and it sits in the shop for axle replacement, if i were you i would hold off a year till they get the bugs worked out.
Your first post was on 5-26:

Yep I am very disappointed, have only had mine for 10 days and 3 rides and already i have a broken rear driver side axle and a bent steering rod. WTH
, and its still sitting in the shop a month later!?

There are guys on here that have lost an axle and had it replaced days after. Id be yanking my unit out of that dealer and itd be fixed the same day by D&P in cedar city.. If you want I can set it up with them and get you taken care of immediately so you can enjoy your car. Textron will take care of their customers but if the dealers fail (which if your car is still sitting they have) then it screws the end user. I have not heard of a single xx owner being burnt and not being taken care of.

3 units at speedwerx :

One race built unit with stage 2 kit - over 300 miles , no problems that were not driver induced even with direct collisions to the rear axles from other drivers - the hit was so hard it bent the rear sub-frame and the axle held up.
one with the stage 2 kit on it 492 miles - no problems
one stock with 372 miles - no problems.

I know there are other members on here with well over 500 miles with no issues too. To the op - the forums are a great place to learn info but its also alot of sounding ground for people to vent when they have issues - the axle incidents are far more isolated then you'd be left to believe. a great link of discussion was here - https://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-xx/90373-rear-axle.html

·
Registered
415 Posts
every one that has drove mine . one bought a xx after 15 min ride. the others one got out, he drives yam after 1mile, i asked whats wrong he said i got to get out of this thing or it will cost me a lot of money . the rest love it period. nothing stock rides and drives as nice not even close i there opinions and mine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got 600 miles on mine and now it sits in the shop for axles and case damage from when the axle let go . I'd hold off until next year.... unless you can get at least one year bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Got 600 miles on mine and now it sits in the shop for axles and case damage from when the axle let go . I'd hold off until next year.... unless you can get at least one year bumper to bumper warranty.
they have a one year warranty, think I seen it tonite there is a 2 year warranty sale going on now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Watch sxs blogs 3 part review. They DO NOT recommend people buy the xx. Its pretty much is last in every category they review.
Those guys are biased... they are sponsored by can-am and Polaris.

I can name multiple categories that the xx is better in. Like safety.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Watch sxs blogs 3 part review. They DO NOT recommend people buy the xx. Its pretty much is last in every category they review.
LOL Those guys are a joke bought and paid for. Funny that all the other reveiws rave about the machine.

·
Registered
719 Posts
We have 2 XXs in our stable. Both with over 600 mi. one has had an axle pull out and take the seal with it. Although we live in MI we drive to MLS for a simple reason SERVICE!! I called from the woods and was talked through the reinstall. Limped back to the trailer 25 mi. Made the trip to MLS it was fixed in less than 2 hrs and we were back on the road. The trans axle had been hurt but the Textron people told me to run it like it was rented and they would take care of me. A short time later Mark called and told me to bring it back when I had a chance they had a new trans axle and axles for me. The installed the new parts and now it has seen a couple more rides and no problems at all. Every single person who has tried our XXs has walked away blown away by the handling, suspension, ease of driving and comfort. I installed a Speedwerx Stage 2 kit on one and WOW!! it does wake up the bottom and mid range. I pull the 1K & X3 turbos to 60 easily. Corner to corner the kitted car is really quick. On long runs the big boys walk away.

Would I buy again? Absolutely!
Are some of the others faster on top end? Yes
Are the others more comfortable to drive? Not in my experience and I have driven all but the new S
Dust is an issue
Heat is an issue but I believe I have that pretty much fixed now
The clutches make a noise when uncoupling and back shifting just like our sleds do
Belts last for a really long time on these
Suspension is crazy good but you do need to dial it for yourself.
Yes it is reliable and built like a tank while being easy to work on.
Textron has been fabulous to work with.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
I like mine ,best ride yet.no problems with it
thanks for getting your rig to trail armor...dealer just ordered the works for us...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your first post was on 5-26:

, and its still sitting in the shop a month later!?

There are guys on here that have lost an axle and had it replaced days after. Id be yanking my unit out of that dealer and itd be fixed the same day by D&P in cedar city.. If you want I can set it up with them and get you taken care of immediately so you can enjoy your car. Textron will take care of their customers but if the dealers fail (which if your car is still sitting they have) then it screws the end user. I have not heard of a single xx owner being burnt and not being taken care of.

3 units at speedwerx :

One race built unit with stage 2 kit - over 300 miles , no problems that were not driver induced even with direct collisions to the rear axles from other drivers - the hit was so hard it bent the rear sub-frame and the axle held up.
one with the stage 2 kit on it 492 miles - no problems
one stock with 372 miles - no problems.

I know there are other members on here with well over 500 miles with no issues too. To the op - the forums are a great place to learn info but its also alot of sounding ground for people to vent when they have issues - the axle incidents are far more isolated then you'd be left to believe. a great link of discussion was here - https://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-xx/90373-rear-axle.html
nd its still sitting in the shop a month later!? YEP and they got the axle about 2 weeks ago, told me 1 more week. Also my buddy bought one before i did and his keeps shutting down and then after it sits for about 10 min or so it will fire back up, cannot fiqure it out, dealer thought they had it fixed but NO THEY DONT!

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
^^^Sounds like you need a new dealer, not a new machine.

And if you run it up to cedar city D&P will fix it for you. Your choice.

Reactions: Bamacat 12

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sxs blogs are the most honest unbiased people out there. One of the reviewers was a lifelong wildcat guy that owned 3 Wildcats x's. He came up with the same conclusion. The xx is way overpriced and can barely compete with 5 year old technology like the xp1000. Sucks to hear I know but it's the truth.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts