Wildcat Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
How do you remedy the heat and dust??
What do you have for front and rear windows, if you have em. I have a half front and no rear on one of mine have the steering column holes taped shut, that in itself will make a big difference. On my other rig, I have a half windshield up front and a full window in the back, vented speed roof and taped up steering column, very little heat and dust in that rig. Also like above post said, you got stuck by a bad dealer to begin with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What do you have for front and rear windows, if you have em. I have a half front and no rear on one of mine have the steering column holes taped shut, that in itself will make a big difference. On my other rig, I have a half windshield up front and a full window in the back, vented speed roof and taped up steering column, very little heat and dust in that rig. Also like above post said, you got stuck by a bad dealer to begin with.
I agree about the dealer but have Robby Gordon himself helping and the CEO of Textron. Hopefully we can resolve the “new” pass off machine. We have a full front and back window, front has air vent you can open. Can I give you me Facebook? Be easier to talk. Or email me at [email protected].. Facebook is Marie Provost-Yarbrough

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
A roll of tape, a sheet of something that you can easily cut to shape and a couple of hours sealing up gaps will take care of the dust and heat. Every machine has some of these types of issues. The X had a ton of leaks into the cockpit, but they only mattered during cold weather due to radiator placement.

We have a full windshield, roof and rear window. That makes the cab a low pressure area and pulls hot air & dust in. With the gaps closed, the air entering the cab on our XX is just a few degrees above ambient, and most of the paths for dust have been closed. I haven't had to tape over the steering shaft slots - I'm fussy about aesthetics. There are many ways to solve this, you just have to make the effort.

If your were sold a leftover '18, you should have a 6 month warranty. I just bought a leftover '19, and I'm covered for another few months. If AC looks at the parts and says "No way we can replace these under warranty, these are worn-out parts and could not possibly have come from an XX in 6 months", get that warranty rejection in writing and turn it over to a lawyer to go after the skanky dealer that sold you the machine.

We had a '15 X Ltd. The XX is 10 times better than the X in my book.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There are conversations on the forum regarding both subjects. Otherwise, I would be redundant. But the XX isn't a bad purchase......depending on its current condition. I always tell people to replace their springs with shock therapy springs. But that is another topic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently sold my Polaris XP1k and I'm looking at the new Wildcat XX, can you guys/gals offer me some thoughts on the new model? I went to the AZ off road expo in Scottsdale this year and had the opportunity to test drive one, but it was around a small track and I wasn't able to really explore it's potential. But I was really impressed with it, and it's a lot more affordable for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently sold my Polaris XP1k and I'm looking at the new Wildcat XX, can you guys/gals offer me some thoughts on the new model? I went to the AZ off road expo in Scottsdale this year and had the opportunity to test drive one, but it was around a small track and I wasn't able to really explore it's potential. But I was really impressed with it, and it's a lot more affordable for me.
I recently purchased a 2018 Wildcat XX with 326 miles on it. It replaces a 2011 XP 900 that was well taken care of and special attention paid to the suspension.

The Wildcat XX is light years better in every aspect. The dealer told me the 2018 was the same as the 2020 with the exception of the Axles and the additional 5 more horse power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had a bad experience with our purchase but it wasn’t machine itself that was the problem. It was the dealer misleading us into buying what we thought was a “new” machine left over from previous year. He switched out the dash module(which is illegal) and sold us a very used “demo”. But Artic Cat is making good and are getting us a brand new one! Other than that we love it! It’s build for speed and all terrain conditions! Can’t wait to get our new one and dress it up with all the accessories we ordered! We loved our old 4 seater Artic Cat Wildcat X4, so we’re fans for sure. Changing from that to this new XX was quite the adjustment but you’ll have a ton of fun in it! Very spacious! Handles good!

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
glad textron/arctic cat stepped up for you to get this right...would be nice if they added to the warranty period to make amends for this dealership's poor judgement...

Reactions: NDHotbodies

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
We had a bad experience with our purchase but it wasn’t machine itself that was the problem. It was the dealer misleading us into buying what we thought was a “new” machine left over from previous year. He switched out the dash module(which is illegal) and sold us a very used “demo”. But Artic Cat is making good and are getting us a brand new one! Other than that we love it! It’s build for speed and all terrain conditions! Can’t wait to get our new one and dress it up with all the accessories we ordered! We loved our old 4 seater Artic Cat Wildcat X4, so we’re fans for sure. Changing from that to this new XX was quite the adjustment but you’ll have a ton of fun in it! Very spacious! Handles good!
Way to go Arctic Cat!! Same old story though....Crappy stealership making people regret buying a AC. Glad it turned out in the end for you, now go have fun and enjoy a bad ass machine!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes. Great news! You may want to add the dealers name, location and negative remarks to the dealer thread I started awhile back. It is designed to confirm the good and bad dealers out there based on our experience. You could end up helping someone in the future.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts