Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all , just wondering if anybody else has noticed this , it looks like my one rear wheel is leaning in . I cant see anything bent or screwed up . two buddies have pointed it out to me also . there are no more then 400 miles on my machine.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Pics would help but there are no camber adjustments on the trails so if it is you have bent something or have worn out bushings or ball joints or both or all three

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Ball joint probably. Marc has a vid on it

·
Registered
436 Posts
Outer bushings at the hub. Mine did the same thing.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Get some bushings from AJ so you dont have to do the replacement again a few miles down the road. Do all of them, even the ones that look good.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Ball joint probably. Marc has a vid on it
The rear does not have ball joints. My bolts actually egged out the A-arms before I changed the bushings on the passenger rear. Needed new A-arms to fix it and bushings. I am in the process of changing some the bushing a second time now and installing new sleeves as well because the slop is starting to come back. I have RICKS bushings everywhere, which I think are the same as AJs.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
The rear does not have ball joints. My bolts actually egged out the A-arms before I changed the bushings on the passenger rear. Needed new A-arms to fix it and bushings. I am in the process of changing some the bushing a second time now and installing new sleeves as well because the slop is starting to come back. I have RICKS bushings everywhere, which I think are the same as AJs.
Have you though about just welding a washer over the egged out hole? That could allow you to adjust camber slightly and save you from getting new a-arms right away.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I meant bushings haha. Idk why I said ball joints. Sleepy maybe? Because I've been in there multiple times haha. My bad

·
Administrator
27,592 Posts
AJ's bushings, definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys I am New to your site and I have owned my trail 700 for a year and a half now and the back tires have always leaned in on the top I have changed all the bushings top and bottom of the a arm's in and out no changes so now I am going to change the wheel bearings and see what that does any suggestions would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Changing wheel bearings is a waste unless they both happen to be shot, which I'm sure your ears would tell you if that was so!!
Try putting a jack under the rear & watch the tire angles as you jack it up, I'm betting springs are sacking, you should also see a loss of GC.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Each time mine did this, shortly after it snapped the ears off the lower control arms/a arms... I don't jump mine or accelerate hard... Keep calling super atv and inquiring when and if they are going to build heavy duty a arms for the trail...

Reactions: Tanker_01

·
Registered
287 Posts
mine looked like that as well. I have bandit springs, I replaced bushings and bearings. The driver side still leans in a little but its not as bad as before

1 - 16 of 16 Posts