Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000X is making a lot of funny noises from clunking to chattering.
The noises come and go. Except this squeaking it never stops.
It steers fine and it powers fine. Any thoughts??
🤷‍♀️😭

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts
Clunking could very well be the sway bar. Squeeking could be the brakes. Can you give more description of where you're hearing this? Front? Rear? On the gas, or on the brakes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it's in the front.
Once in awhile it will chatter when I give it gas ( All I can think of is when you have bad breaks on your car and it makes that ching ching ching when you speed up at takeoff )
I know that's a horrible description.
And it doesn't make the noise all the time.

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts
Front could be the sway bar. Check the links to see it they're tight. See if any mounting points might be cracked?

Reactions: Rebel Jenay

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000X is making a lot of funny noises from clunking to chattering.
The noises come and go. Except this squeaking it never stops.
It steers fine and it powers fine. Any thoughts??
🤷‍♀️😭
Is it a clunking banging noise or a rotational noise, suspension and drive train can make similar noises, does it change whe in 4wd or 2wd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it a clunking banging noise or a rotational noise, suspension and drive train can make similar noises, does it change whe in 4wd or 2wd
The clunking and the clattering does not appear to be rotational but the squelching and the cha cha cha seems to be rotational but comes and goes.

🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
25 Posts
The clunking and the clattering does not appear to be rotational but the squelching and the cha cha cha seems to be rotational but comes and goes.

🤷‍♀️
The last time you changed oil was there lots of filings on the drain plug magnet, and is the cha cha cha less noticeable in 4wd, or less noticeable when you let off the throttle....that could indicate bevel gears. The squeak thats constant is common with poly urethane suspension bushings, I spray light lithium grease on all my suspension bushings often it eliminates most if not all suspension squeaks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The last time you changed oil was there lots of filings on the drain plug magnet, and is the cha cha cha less noticeable in 4wd, or less noticeable when you let off the throttle....that could indicate bevel gears. The squeak thats constant is common with poly urethane suspension bushings, I spray light lithium grease on all my suspension bushings often it eliminates most if not all suspension squeaks
I took it to the shop to get the oil changed I don't know what it looked like.
It doesn't seem to matter if it's in four-wheel drive or not It makes the noise randomly And then just stops.
But your suggestions are very helpful I will definitely look into what you're telling me.

TY 😊

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
haha welcome to the club- yeah this things make a lot of noise ;- ()- most of em im ignoring- brake pads squeeking (change to others) rattling whatever- as long as it isnt constant and gettin worse/louder i wouldnt care....

best should find another wildcat and compare...;-)

btw theres no front sway bar on the ol x ;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had the brakes checked I've had a couple of people look over it..
I don't ignore noises I try to correct them and fix them unfortunately I know nothing about mechanics and cannot do it myself.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
...theres noises and theres noises....you gotta learn which are *dangerous" and which are just annoying...;-) - on my ride most are just annoying...;-()

·
Registered
273 Posts
My front squeaking was a popped shock. Never saw any oil. Replaced shock and it stopped. Rattling in back was my HiJacker, zipped it tight. Sound in reverse, replaced carrier bearing. Brake squeak remains;needs clips.

Reactions: izom
1 - 12 of 12 Posts