Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new here. I have a 2012 Wildcat 1000. It has about 467miles on it. I just purchased this a few months ago. The guy i bought it from blew the transmission gear out in it. but had a friend of his who is an arctic cat mechanic fix it. I have put roughly 150 miles on it and it ran perfect until last weekend. After riding all day i started to go up a small hill and could not make it in 2wd so i rolled back down put it in 4wd and it wouldnt go just a loud clunking noise from my engine. so i took it out of 2wd and tried again still nothing but the loud noise. so after getting it home i pulled the clutch cover off and the belt is fine. so i stuck a wrench on the secondary clutch and rotated the clutches and you can here it sounds like its binding. Would this be the transmission? I just don't understand how it went out with no indication anything was wrong. Does anyone have an idea of how much this would cost to fix?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Is your shift cable working....and your gauge registers what gear you are in?
You can do a quick field diagnostic of the differentials/axles by putting the cat in neutral and jacking up the rear so the rear wheels are off the ground. Then slowly rotate a wheel. They will both rotate and should turn smoothly without binding or noise. Do the same with the front. If they sound good I would think your problem is in the engine by your shifting.
Providing the cable is good, I suspect it's in the engine because both your front and rear are not working.

Reactions: Jbl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was showing gears until i opened the the cable box open to make sure the gears were good in there. it does show E on the dash now and only says neutral or park.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts