Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had an oil leak on my 4 limited (2014) since day one. Finally took it in for warranty work. So they did a Lower Engine Case Reseal as the title says. Is this a common problem with these machines? Or should I be good now that the warranty work has been done? They also had to replace a rear shock. Thanks

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Glad you had warranty to get it done. I know my 2012 motor has a case leak as do many others, didn't know the newer ones did too. Is your ride an X or regular 1000 motor?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Glad you had warranty to get it done. I know my 2012 motor has a case leak as do many others, didn't know the newer ones did too. Is your ride an X or regular 1000 motor?
It doesn't matter if it is old or new they are ALL built by people and are subject to human error meaning they ALL have the possibility of not being done correctly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is the 4 limited non X model. My Avatar. For peace of mind or not would be good to know how common uncommon this problem is and once fixed if it is good to go or recurring. From what I was told it is a $2700 job.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I think it is relatively rare on 2013+ AC motor cases based on my research. There was some bad castings done on the earlier 2012 case halves, which has been a problem. It should be good to go now!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
There was actually a rash on them in 2013.5. Something about bad sealer was what I heard but mine was fine after reseal. Dont recall hearing any on the 14s but as said anything can happen. You can have a leak on anything new or not

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
I think it is relatively rare on 2013+ AC motor cases based on my research. There was some bad castings done on the earlier 2012 case halves, which has been a problem. It should be good to go now!
I think it is too. Thought it was only on the '12 models. This is one of the first, if not the first one I've heard of from a '14 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts