Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So now that things have dried out some in Alaska, I’ve noticed something with the XX. (Please note that this is my first SxS)

Once I’m up around 25 mph and up, dust literally starts being vacuumed up through the floor drains. I have a roof and vented poly windshield currently. Vents open or closed doesn’t seem to make a difference

Will a rear windshield cut down on this? I’m buying one regardless, but if it doesn’t help, I was thinking about going to our local rubber supply store and getting some 1/8” mat to put on the floor.

What do you think?

-Cole

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
there are so many gaps/holes/openings everywhere in the cab...just follow the light coming through all the places...a back window will help but is not a cure all...get some black duct tape and get to work...also, do a search on here to see what folks have done in the front/rear firewalls for plugging up the holes...you also might want read on what folks have done in the center shifter hump as well as dust comes through there as well...good time to get a good rzmask as well...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are so many gaps/holes/openings everywhere in the cab...just follow the light coming through all the places...a back window will help but is not a cure all...get some black duct tape and get to work...also, do a search on here to see what folks have done in the front/rear firewalls for plugging up the holes...you also might want read on what folks have done in the center shifter hump as well as dust comes through there as well...good time to get a good rzmask as well...
Thanks for the advice! I’ve been slowly crawling through posts on the forum. There was a discussion on people plugging holes to keep the heat out of the cab. I need to find it again...

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
the other solution is to only ride after plentiful rains...haaaa...

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I have front and rear windows and a roof on our XX. Most of my work has been toward cutting down on hot air coming into the cabin, but I've noted that a lot of dust come in via the gaps in the rear firewall. The biggest offenders are the slots above the shoulder harness bar, but I think there may be some opportunities behind and/or below the fuseholders as well.

You can also fight hot air and dust in the cabin by raising the pressure in the cab. The Speed roof does this, and people with that roof say it really works. I will add a roof scoop at some point, but I've also thought about the vent windows that were common on cars when I was a kid, except I would have the leading edge of the window open to the outside, not inside, to better scoop air into the cab. I can simulate that by rotating my outside mirrors (they hang down from the ROPS bar right about where a vent window would end), so I'll do that test the next time we are riding in dusty conditions.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
..is there a sxs you dont get fuull of dust !? :-/ ive tried so many things...on the trail on the 1000...i just quit...and get dusty...;- ()

1 - 6 of 6 Posts