Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..anyone have these on their XX?? If so how are they?? I'm looking for a BETTER tire replacement from the factory tires. I ride Fast trails/Open field racing and go through mud from time to time...so I'm looking for the best tire for that, that doesnt take away from overall performance suspension AND SPEED wise....that's why I guess I'm not looking for 32's?...

Anyway if anyone have Input or other tire suggestions for Fast trails/open field racing tires that can also handle the occasional mudding, please let me know. The stock CST Behemoth tires arent bad but I suspect there are better options out there

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
I’ve got these tires on a can am x3 they work very well as a all terrain tire. people with krx’s are taking them off to go with 33’s so there about 200-300$ for a full set with low mileage. Probably not the best for very rocky trails as there is a lot of carcass showing in between tread but I haven’t run them in that environment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve got these tires on a can am x3 they work very well as a all terrain tire. people with krx’s are taking them off to go with 33’s so there about 200-300$ for a full set with low mileage. Probably not the best for very rocky trails as there is a lot of carcass showing in between tread but I haven’t run them in that environment.
Thanx man👍

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have 32's not 31's. What input are you looking for? I've only had them for a few months. But them seem to be working out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 32's not 31's. What input are you looking for? I've only had them for a few months. But them seem to be working out.
Want to know your experiences with them vs the stock CST Behemoth tires...what terrain etc etc

·
Registered
81 Posts
Want to know your experiences with them vs the stock CST Behemoth tires...what terrain etc etc
Stock tires are very good. Carnivores are soft and wear out fast. I ran Tusk Terrabites for about 1500 miles and love them for hard pack and the wear was excellent. I always rotated mine about every 600 miles or so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock tires are very good. Carnivores are soft and wear out fast. I ran Tusk Terrabites for about 1500 miles and love them for hard pack and the wear was excellent. I always rotated mine about every 600 miles or so.
Ok cool..thank you for the response

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had 2500 miles on the stock tires. Never had a flat or a problem with them. And still had half tread. I have a friend that has a krx and has 1500 miles on the stock carnivores. They haven't worn much at all. I've put 300 miles on the carnivores, mostly desert riding, utah. To much snow yet to go up in the mountains. The only reason I got the carnivores was a guy put them on and did 1 trip and found out they weren't dot. So I got the deal of the century. $400 for the set. The carnivore does seem to have more traction. More steering control and forward drive. They don't drift as easy in hard pack.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had 2500 miles on the stock tires. Never had a flat or a problem with them. And still had half tread. I have a friend that has a krx and has 1500 miles on the stock carnivores. They haven't worn much at all. I've put 300 miles on the carnivores, mostly desert riding, utah. To much snow yet to go up in the mountains. The only reason I got the carnivores was a guy put them on and did 1 trip and found out they weren't dot. So I got the deal of the century. $400 for the set. The carnivore does seem to have more traction. More steering control and forward drive. They don't drift as easy in hard pack.
Thank you👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered one of these tires to check it out. It measured smaller in diameter, I don't remember exactly how much, but it was an inch +, than the stock CST Behemoth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
189 views and NO ONE have the Maxxis Carnivore 31x10x15 tires on their XX??
I bought my 2019 Wildcat XX new and hated the stock tires! Way too "slippery" and not enough grip for riding West VA, VA, and North Carolina trails, mountains, and sand. IMO
I sold the whole set of tires and rims with 150 miles on them and bought ITP Hurricane Wheels and Maxxis Carnivore tires 32"x10"-15" and LOVE them!!! 1600 miles on them and no punctures or flats and still have 1/2-3/4 tread! And I don't baby my XX!!! Carnivores grip like they have claws and are surprizingly pretty damn good in deep mud too. Great on roads and hard pack too. I went 32" because thats the largest the bed will hold and wont rub on the machine. Night and day to the stock tires IMO. I bought 4 extra for spares so I'll be riding on them for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts