Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of people have requested a write-up of this (I posted it first in the what have you done to your X today thread). Here is a pic of the semi-finished project (I want to add wipers to the 'cat to use when I plow snow).

Turn signals.JPG

I've attached a PDF with instructions & a few more pics. View attachment Mazda Miata stalk controls in a Wildcat.pdf

If the Trail and Sport steering columns are the same as the 1000, this should work on those models as well.

{edit} In the PDF, I mention that the 99 thru 05 switch cover might look better. I just received one, and the hole on the face of the cover / base of the steering wheel is too big. You can peer into the guts of the switch assembly. Stay with the 90 thru 97 cover.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Very nice thanks for taking the time for those that may want to try this.

·
Registered
677 Posts
LOL! That's awesome! Love the self-cancelling feature. Nice post.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Awesome write up and very descriptive! Like you said it was an aftermath thought posting a thread about the mod and didn't document as you were doing it so there is no pics of the cutting/grinding procedures. We will have to wing this part a bit but once everything is in front of me it should all make sense and come together, lol
Going to look for a switch asap, thanks again for sharing this with us ?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm retired, so outside the box projects like this that consume a lot of time are right in my wheelhouse.

As long as there are people driving and crashing Miatas, there will be a steady supply of these parts. If you aren't going to put indicator lights on the cover, check out the 99/05 covers. I think they would look even better than what I did. ebay has both types listed, with pics.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks. I'm retired, so outside the box projects like this that consume a lot of time are right in my wheelhouse.

As long as there are people driving and crashing Miatas, there will be a steady supply of these parts. If you aren't going to put indicator lights on the cover, check out the 99/05 covers. I think they would look even better than what I did. ebay has both types listed, with pics.
Ok, found lots of switches but can't find any covers. Will call all the local auto wrecking yards to see what I can come up with.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try "miata steering column cover" on ebay. 95 hits (but a few are a different part).

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've edited the initial post with this info, but I wasn't sure if it would pop up on the new posts list with just an edit, so I'm also posting here:

The 99 thru 05 steering column cover has a much larger hole on the front side, where the base of the steering wheel lines up. I bought one, but will not bothered to install it. The gap would be large enough that you could peer into the switch assembly mechanism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts