Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[HR][/HR]Thats right fresh off the truck from and ready for some Boost. It is off to Glamis tonight for testing and then into the shop on Tuesday for a little make over MCX Style. We hope to have the kits ready to ship before you can pick your Wildcat up from Local dealer! We should have another three here to pull apart soon!!

MORE to Come
From MCX-USA.com

Thanks Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Can't wait to hear what you guys can get out of this thing. I am even more excited now.......................and damn it I have to wait.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
like a daily or even hourly update on turbo progress?? lol,

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dave- When you install a turbo on the WC will you also remap the computer to increase the rpm? How high can this engine safely spin?

·
Official Site Vendor
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We will not have to remap MCX uses a standalone injector controler not a piggyback like everyone else! not sure what the motor will handle but can tell you the Prowler responded very well to boost!

Dave- When you install a turbo on the WC will you also remap the computer to increase the rpm? How high can this engine safely spin?

·
Registered
161 Posts
We will not have to remap MCX uses a standalone injector controler not a piggyback like everyone else! not sure what the motor will handle but can tell you the Prowler responded very well to boost!
Then if the WC is limited to 70mph from the factory then your turbo setup won't increase top speed?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The fuel controller that MCX uses works really well. And now the gen 5 box can plug into a laptop for data logging and adjusting.

On the RZR you can use a Dynatek ignition box to raise the rpm limit. Maybe that is an option on this WC engine?

My Apex RZR will do over 80mph on the sand, but I don't like going over 70. Too fast in a little car that doesn't have air bags if you ask me! LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
I made it to Glamis yesterday just in time to go from the Beach Store to Oldsmobile and back for a bit of testing. My goal for this trip was to see how the Wildcat was setup as far as clutching to get an idea of what we will have to do when the turbo is installed.
I will be testing a bit more today and try to get some video and pictures. Someone has said that this is not the clutching that will be installed in the production units. I would have to guess that is the case. For the riding I was doing, there would be rather large improvements by some simple clutch adjustments. This would also help in the feel of lack of power that some are complaining about.
There's not much need to comment on the ride as it is already very well documented by others observations on how good it is.
Enough time here. I'm going for a ride:D
I'll post more after today ride.
I can't imagine anyone buying a Wildcat will be disappointed.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I made it to Glamis yesterday just in time to go from the Beach Store to Oldsmobile and back for a bit of testing. My goal for this trip was to see how the Wildcat was setup as far as clutching to get an idea of what we will have to do when the turbo is installed.
I will be testing a bit more today and try to get some video and pictures. Someone has said that this is not the clutching that will be installed in the production units. I would have to guess that is the case. For the riding I was doing, there would be rather large improvements by some simple clutch adjustments. This would also help in the feel of lack of power that some are complaining about.
There's not much need to comment on the ride as it is already very well documented by others observations on how good it is.
Enough time here. I'm going for a ride:D
I'll post more after today ride.
I can't imagine anyone buying a Wildcat will be disappointed.
What a hard life. :cool:

1 - 20 of 154 Posts