Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can honestly say that I have no idea how paddle tires would work in snow?? Around here if there's snow were on sleds. The fisherman and farmers with utv's may have chains but I can't say I've seen paddle tires on anything. Living on a very large lake, almost 30 miles of shoreline, I'm thinking paddles and 1-2 feet of powder and drifts could be fun in a Wildcat!! Paddles all around...sand tires front???

So..anyone have experience with paddles in snow??

·
Registered
791 Posts
My experiance with Paddles and snow is IT ALL DEPENDS. They will work in some types of snow but if it is wet and ward packed then no. Multi-lug tires work better in the snow to be honest.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Most UTVs seem to struggle to get traction in any snow that is over about 18 inches. I have had plenty of fun in 6-12 inches of snow, but much more than that just packs the tires and you end up pushing it around. Nothing better than drifting in the snow!

·
Registered
791 Posts
That is why I need an extra $5,000 for tracks. I could just see a Wildcat screaming thru the snow on tracks. That would be kooooooooool.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might have to try it. I'm thinking fat paddles in back and motorcycle paddles in front...YouTube video maybe avaiable in March!!!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts