41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
There was NO reason for denial. The end! :eek:uttahere:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well, I'm not saying that claims won't get denied. I'm saying extended warranties aren't a joke. I paid $1K for 4 years. Got roughly $3K warranty claims. I'll do it again, as stated.
Got ya beat HW.......

Working on $6k total in claims on a Zurich policy that cost me $650 for 3 years. Was told $650 was at Dealer cost.

The Dealer has A LOT to do with the claims going through.

My third motor rebuild, I left the Muzzy exhaust and fuel programmer on it.

Never batted an eye, Zurich paid over $2200 in parts and labor for the bevel gear replacement and re-seal.

C-Ya!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
the name is what it is because the warranty was bought through MLS and from what i hear they sell a lot of them. i didn't even know the name of the warranty company till i had the paperwork. i did state right away that im not bashing MLS. I cant say enough good things about them and their awesome costumer service. I dont know about you guys but im far from rich. i paid cash for my machine and spent almost 2 years worth of savings. I bought the warranty to feel comfortable with my purchase because i know shit happens and factory defects are very possible. I have no problem paying to fix something i caused but here i am with a 10k machine that didn't make it one summer without a huge failure and the cost of that fix is on me. I had 2 dealers behind me and my claim was still denied so this is 100% on the warranty company.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Cat Care was not going to pay for repairing the shock when the shock eye backed off of zombie gurls ride because the W.E. was aftermarket. Service Mgr informed him otherwise..

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Got ya beat HW.......

Working on $6k total in claims on a Zurich policy that cost me $650 for 3 years. Was told $650 was at Dealer cost.

The Dealer has A LOT to do with the claims going through.

My third motor rebuild, I left the Muzzy exhaust and fuel programmer on it.

Never batted an eye, Zurich paid over $2200 in parts and labor for the bevel gear replacement and re-seal.

C-Ya!
I've stated that too. If you have a dealer that is willing to go bat for you, makes it that much easier. Extended warranties might not be for everybody, but I have them on everything possible I own, including appliances, which has paid itself many times over.

·
Registered
844 Posts
How the OP was denied over such BS.

And on the subject of Elka spring warranty claims, I just don't get it. 2 guys said in this thread that they were denied saying it was a wear item. Why am I seeing inconsistent claims on this issue? It's all the same thing, bad Elka springs rubbing, yet some get brand new shocks from AC and others don't. Those that tried and failed ought to get in contact with those that got AC to fix it and use that info to ask why the guy down the street got his fixed and not you, because it's the exact same problem.

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
How the OP was denied over such BS.

And on the subject of Elka spring warranty claims, I just don't get it. 2 guys said in this thread that they were denied saying it was a wear item. Why am I seeing inconsistent claims on this issue? It's all the same thing, bad Elka springs rubbing, yet some get brand new shocks from AC and others don't. Those that tried and failed ought to get in contact with those that got AC to fix it and use that info to ask why the guy down the street got his fixed and not you, because it's the exact same problem.
I edited your post.

Don't bring MLS into this. They did nothing other than sell the OP an extended warranty.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
I agree dealers have a hand in convincing the extended warranty company to cover something. BUT, my dealer is very good (covered a new long block engine for me out of warranty good) and they still could not get cat care to cover my faulty shocks. I do believe in extended warranties, just not cat care.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I think the hundreds of people from around the country buying this specific warranty from MLS should at least know what's going on and that this can happen. MLS is a phenomenal dealer, but this warranty is shady. Most everyone recommends to buy their aftermarket warranty from MLS because they have the best prices. People should know and be informed that the warranty company has these kind of practices, and should take everyone's praise with a grain of salt, as if they have a simple, obviously not user-caused issue, it may not be covered - even if multiple dealers, including MLS, go to bat for them. It's ridiculous. I will not be getting that warranty now after seeing all of this, but will be looking for an alternate.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Doesn't MLS sell a different brand of aftermarket warranty now?? They need to chime in on this thread..

·
Registered
110 Posts
So I have been reading all of this, and I've been in the power sports industry for 26 plus years as a tech and shop manager, the only people that make money on after market warranties are the after market company and the dealer with that being said , a good dealer will take care of it. I have learned with dealing with these company's and still do ,is it's all in the wording when you do a claim. there object is to reject. That's why I'm 100% against all extended warranties. The extended warranty thru the manufacturer would be the only to consider, but it goes back to the wording of the issue when you call or submit the claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
This warranty is one of the better ones. That is why we sell it. If not you would hear many complaints and we would no longer offer it. They cover great and regularly fix questionable things. None of these warranties are insurance policies, meaning you break it they fix it no questions asked. They all have rules regarding modifications. If the modifications may have caused the problem then there is a good chance that they may decline the claim, especially when it is egregious.

For example, when you bring one in with a lift kit and huge tires, upset because the stock axle broke, you may well be declined.

When you install a full exhaust system, don't tune fuel calibration and then melt a piston when it goes lean, you may well be declined.

When you sink it in a pond, suck it full of water and blow it up, and leave mud inside the air box while claiming it has never been out of your back yard, you may well be declined.

When you cut into a factory wire harness and that harness fails you may well be declined.

Not picking on anyone, this is just how it works. Our advice is, don't make it easy for them to decline. We deal with this stuff every day and this warranty (as well as most others) doesn't decline what they cannot easily decline (as a rule of course there are exceptions) I do not know this OP and have very little knowledge of the details of this situation just giving some general advice based on many years of experience. OP thanks for your kind words about our team and we will be happy to get you an extra great deal on a harness or do whatever else may help. Lastly, if you weren't aware, Wildcats have multiple SAE plugs in the harness, in various locations where you can simply plug in accessories for easy removal. We keep a few hundred of the SAE pigtails in stock.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
When you sink it in a pond, suck it full of water and blow it up, and leave mud inside the air box while claiming it has never been out of your back yard, you may well be declined.
Now that right there is funny!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Now that right there is funny!
Why am I picturing Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the cable guy right about now? LOL.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks MLS. I am aware of the accessorie plugs and was using the one under the dash. I have 27in tires on mine and if I busted an axle I wouldn't even try. I'm not trying to scam anyone and if the issue was caused by me I would cover it. I ordered a harness from you guys on Wednesday. Still waiting for my refund on the warranty though. Got the old harness out and machine prepared for the new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Thanks MLS. I am aware of the accessorie plugs and was using the one under the dash. I have 27in tires on mine and if I busted an axle I wouldn't even try. I'm not trying to scam anyone and if the issue was caused by me I would cover it. I ordered a harness from you guys on Wednesday. Still waiting for my refund on the warranty though. Got the old harness out and machine prepared for the new one.
That looks like a job right there...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
no sweat buddy. I am on vacation this week. When I get back Monday I will dig deeper on this one. I will also follow up on your refund. In the mean time, if you need additional help call me directly (Mark) and I will make sure you get taken care of.

41 - 60 of 138 Posts