Wildcat Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
been busy and haven't had a chance to post an update. First off I want to thank Mark and Angela at MLS. Awesome people and truly top notch costumer service. Angela talked me out of canceling my warranty with instructions to contact her directly first thing if I have any issues with my machine again so she can make sure its handled correctly. I ordered a new harness through the MLS web page then was refunded a large potion of that 2 days later. Mark cut me a killer deal on the harness which took a lot of the sting out of this whole situation. I spent close to 6 hours chasing wires in the bad harness before I ordered a new one. got the new harness installed yesterday and she fired right up. I plan to continue investigating the issue incase it happens again to me or anyone else.

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
been busy and haven't had a chance to post an update. First off I want to thank Mark and Angela at MLS. Awesome people and truly top notch costumer service. Angela talked me out of canceling my warranty with instructions to contact her directly first thing if I have any issues with my machine again so she can make sure its handled correctly. I ordered a new harness through the MLS web page then was refunded a large potion of that 2 days later. Mark cut me a killer deal on the harness which took a lot of the sting out of this whole situation. I spent close to 6 hours chasing wires in the bad harness before I ordered a new one. got the new harness installed yesterday and she fired right up. I plan to continue investigating the issue incase it happens again to me or anyone else.
Well, that's good news!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, you kind of proved my statement of dealers not making squat for warranty work. A dealer makes roughly $80 - $90 for SXS/Quad, and $120 an hour for PWC for non warranty work.

They don't make anywhere near that for warranty work. That's why they are not thrilled to do it. A good dealer will, because it might be the difference between getting the customer to come back and purchasing new units, and accessories, or losing them. Some dealers don't care.
Just want to clear this up. Any Arctic Cat dealership with a gold catmaster technician,"the dealership will receive an additional 10% on warranty labor for a total of 17%." That is 17% above your regular shop rate you get paid for warranty work, that seems like a sweet deal to me.

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Just want to clear this up. Any Arctic Cat dealership with a gold catmaster technician,"the dealership will receive an additional 10% on warranty labor for a total of 17%." That is 17% above your regular shop rate you get paid for warranty work, that seems like a sweet deal to me.
OK, but you are still proving my point. What is the warranty labor rate? It isn't anywhere near $90 an hour for non warranty work, is it? If warranty work is a flat rate of $35 an hour (just a guess, I don't know what it is) then 17% more, still is nowhere near $90 an hour. All I'm saying is a lot of dealers balk at warranty work, as they don't make any money off of it.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Thanx Rebel, I'll check it out.

Regarding warranty work................. Here's what the manager at Bass pro told me last week. If their tech has been to school put on by Arctic Cat, and gets certified, then the warranty service pays more on an hourly rate. If no certification, then it's roughly half the hourly rate. We didn't talk about the dollars involved as I figured that's none of my business.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Great news nate,I know you went through a lot...............

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, but you are still proving my point. What is the warranty labor rate? It isn't anywhere near $90 an hour for non warranty work, is it? If warranty work is a flat rate of $35 an hour (just a guess, I don't know what it is) then 17% more, still is nowhere near $90 an hour. All I'm saying is a lot of dealers balk at warranty work, as they don't make any money off of it.
I get what you are saying, my point is there is a hoop or 2 to jump through and you get paid. People balking at warranty work are just complainers in general, scared to work for it. It may take a person a week or so to get the certification needed to get paid but would rather complain and say it's not worth the time or effort.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had my first claim with the aftermarket warranty I bought from MLS. I called Centrury first to let them know what was up. They gave me instructions on what to tell the dealer. The dealer replaced the the master cylinder, performed the upper arm bolts TSB, and replaced a tie rod boot. Original bill was $288 for labor and parts. I paid $63 ($50 deductible plus fluids) and didn't have to do anything. Everything went smoothly and my dealer said Century was easy to work with (I asked them how it went and hoped it was a good experience since I bought my sport and warranty from a different dealer and felt a little guilty). My warranty cost me $850. I still have three years to do $500 more in claims to break even. So far I think it was a good investment.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I answer every thread about extended warranties with the same basic answer, they will scam out of paying if you do any mods and they know it before they sell it to you. A waste of time and money. They will blame it on your driving, what you did to it, mods, lack of maintenance, whatever they can use to get you.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I answer every thread about extended warranties with the same basic answer, they will scam out of paying if you do any mods and they know it before they sell it to you. A waste of time and money. They will blame it on your driving, what you did to it, mods, lack of maintenance, whatever they can use to get you.
While I am sure that SOME Extended Warranty companies operate like you stated, my experience has been totally opposite.

I still believe that the Dealer has EVERYTHING to do with whether a claim is accepted or not.

The damage pictured below was put through my Extended Warranty carrier Zurich. Left the Muzzy exhaust and Fuel Controller on it when I brought it in.

No questions asked, rebuilt entire motor. My Dealer filled out appropriate paperwork, and ordered the parts. Got the car back last Wednesday.

There is no way I would own ANY of the major brands without a warranty!!! Could not afford the car repairs, no way!

You guys having trouble getting issues covered need to find a new Dealer!!!

Sorry about the sideways pics!!!

C-Ya!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
While I am sure that SOME Extended Warranty companies operate like you stated, my experience has been totally opposite.

I still believe that the Dealer has EVERYTHING to do with whether a claim is accepted or not.

The damage pictured below was put through my Extended Warranty carrier Zurich. Left the Muzzy exhaust and Fuel Controller on it when I brought it in.

No questions asked, rebuilt entire motor. My Dealer filled out appropriate paperwork, and ordered the parts. Got the car back last Wednesday.

There is no way I would own ANY of the major brands without a warranty!!! Could not afford the car repairs, no way!

You guys having trouble getting issues covered need to find a new Dealer!!!

Sorry about the sideways pics!!!

C-Ya!!
You're 100% right! I've said it plenty of times already in this, and other threads. If the dealer doesn't want to be bother because he won't make near as much on warranty items, as non warranty items, HE WON'T! Go find another dealer. An extended warranty is a great thing to us owners, not so much for the dealers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took my medicine on extended warranties....don't buy a Cornerstone Warranty for your SXS....I agree with earlier posts...they are just looking for ways to get out of paying claims. I have a great dealer and they have bent over backwards...it is all about Cornerstone and looking for ways not to pay. The drive coupler between my engine and rear diff blew a clamp, took out the engine output seal, resulting in low oil and engine damage. Read your fine print...they have language to deny about anything. They had a rep come out and inspect it and said a clamp caused it and clamps aren't covered so the repair isn't covered. I should have kept my money and put it towards repairs! The fine print basically says if it was caused by a bolt, clamp, rubber, bla, bla, bla... Basically looking for any fine print to deny claims....a broken bolt or clamp can exclude a lot of stuff... I suggest keeping your money and saving for repairs or at minimum not using Cornerstone.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Cornerstone replaced my rear trailing arms after a bolt sheared off. I have 1 week of warranty left, and it will suck once it is gone. They replaced 3 front A-arms that bent and a rear diff and starter. They also re-sealed the engine 3 times. I think the total on the invoices was well over $10,000. Still hoping to blow my engine this weekend as a little send off...

They only denied one claim for radius rod bushings, as it was the rubber parts that went bad. I just went aftermarket on those as they were way better and way cheaper.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts