Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else get moisture in their steering rack? Probably wouldn't notice unless you lived in an area that has sub-zero winter weather.
My boots are all sealed / good from what I can see - yet on cold days I can't move the steering, without hitting the steering rack with a heat gun for a few minutes.
I'm not really sure how you could solve this either? Seems like a sealed unit... Maybe there's a drain I'm not seeing?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey neighbor im in northern Ontario and never had this issue but frozen throttle cable happened plenty of times your best bet would be to slide your boots back spray some degreaser in there turn your stearing back and forth to get rid of old washed out grease and put in some fresh stuff not really much in there to go wrong good luck

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's pretty much what I was picturing Raycat, however the degreaser is a great idea! I was thinking probably WD40 or Varsol, but that sounds better. Probably going to be a spring time job now though... to add to the trouble, seems like something in the starter system is also freezing (cranks over fine when its mild... a few degrees below zero, just a hard "click" ) You'd think I drove this thing under water... (I don't) - its gotten plenty wet by times, but I'm not one to go looking for deep water/mud.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I thought I had to replace my starter when it would start out rolling fast then quickly slowing down, sure sounded like battery but wasn't. Removed starter & found it 1/2 full of oil, must have leaked past a seal from inside motor. Cleaned it out, re-installed & presto, just like new.
May or may not pertain to your starter problem!

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Haven't had trouble with the steering but the first winter on our 14 trail the throttle cable froze. Took it in the shop dried everything, lubed the throttle cable and applied dielectric grease to every connector I could find, haven't had any trouble since and the better half loves to go mudding when she's driving.

·
Premium Member
7,660 Posts
the lil' lady, miss terri is a mudder...naw!...

Reactions: mtgott
1 - 6 of 6 Posts