Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have the Cat over at B&M fixing the A arm I destroyed, the owner, great friend of mine and XP and S owner, was admiring the Wildcat. His first impression today was "damn that thing looks GOOD!" After we picked it up on the hoist, he was doing a walk around admiring some of the top notch workmanship and materials used. This guy is an XP lover, not married to Polaris, but very happy with, but he was very complimentary of the Wildcat. He commented that this machine was built more like a custom rail than a production SxS. If you get a chance to get one up in the air and look at the trailing arm designs and many of the fine details, you will realize Arctic cat really put some good time in designing and building the Wildcat. They used very high quality materials, and did it right from what inspected so far. This thing Rocks!!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That's what made me decide to get one. I'm a firm believer in getting the stoutest tube frame chassis possible, and I believe the WC is it!

I predict we'll see a lot of XPs on tow ropes behind WCs in the next couple of years as they vainly try to keep up and stuff it into a witch's eye or ditch that a WC will make it through, but will rip the arms off lesser machines.

I've seen this same phenomena in Glamis, the better built rails hit a sharp transition or lip and glide through, the weaker ones snap off the front arms, or trailing arms, or torsion tubes... I had one guy following me and we were doing only about 50 mph, hit a very slight bump, and his car snapped the torsion tube from the fwd part of the chassis, looked like it was snapped in half!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts