Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next run of cats I will have one. So I read Tennessee hits 92 MPH with clutch work add to that Tim is close to a Controller, Muzzy has an exhaust, what a blast! I understand some of your recommendations referring to letting friends borrow the cat. Well guys I have teenage kids there very, very good on there toys but I still worry when there out-a-sight. It's just not gonna fly 18k and me not letting them or the wife run it, best part of being out there for me is listing to them yackin' it up by the fire about there day of riding together. I would love for Tim to build a De-Tune in the controller or an RPM limiter?? Simply flip a hidden switch.The thought of my kids or wife flyin' across Dumont at 92MPH scares the crap out of me. So what do you think am I over reacting?I know just leave it stock.... Well that ain't gonna happen, so we won't go there :)

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
just take the PIN# out when they drive it...Limp mode 4500 RPM's max....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can Am Commanders have a two key system that does what your asking, so I think it would be possible, but doubt there would be much interest in it, probably be tuff to get an body to market it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
....I would love for Tim to build a De-Tune in the controller or an RPM limiter?? Simply flip a hidden switch.The thought of my kids or wife flyin' across Dumont at 92MPH scares the crap out of me. ...
Know exactly what you mean. It would be sweet to have something like that.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That 92mph was more than likely with the wheels off the ground. There was so much information left out of his post it wasn't funny. Stock they will do on dirt somewhere in the range of 70ish give or take.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That 92mph was more than likely with the wheels off the ground. There was so much information left out of his post it wasn't funny. Stock they will do on dirt somewhere in the range of 70ish give or take.
It might only do 92 mph with and intact crankshaft!

·
Registered
415 Posts
i did take my cover off to check to see how far belt was riding up secondary its not going to full shift do to the stiff sping looks like it gets to about three -eights of inch from top so could get more speed out of it 75mph at 7450 is what mine runs on gravel roads

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Gezuuuuus Tx.... Really??? 92 or 96 that was not my focus. It was haulin' ass period.
LOL true. I have been trying to think of a good solution for what you are trying to do. I doubt you can get it electronically with the key thing that would be very complex to write, factories can out software like that in but its a stretch for the aftermarket without HUGE demand as you noted.

If we could come up with an easy way to simulate limp mode to trick it that would be the ticket for you. How about a resistor in line with the temp sensor, you throw a switch and now it thinks it is overheated and goes into limp? That would knock the wind out of its sails.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just pull off one of the spark plug wires. Pop it back on before you drive it.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Throttle stop like used in drag racing for certain classes. Not under the pedal as was suggested, but at the motor. Harder for the kids to find and figure out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you had ecu like say a tune monster that had profiles you could just load up one that have a 5000 rpm rev limiter on it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a superior clutch setup to the stock one, and mine will go over 80 on the pavement on the stock speedo, but probably not by much. My brother's with a stock clutch was hitting 71 or 72. I have to call BS on the 96, that's a far far cry from 80 or the 71 of stock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts