Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1773 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped at my local shop last weekend and talked with the sales manager. Confirmed no mid-year release to the best of his knowledge. His thoughts on the new model coming would be a supercharged version vs a turbo version. I found it very interesting and makes sense to me with the partnership with speedwerx during the last announcement of the RG edition that was pushed out.

If Cat is already partnered with speedwerx for accessories and they highlighted a supercharger at the last event doesn't it make sense that is the direction they would go?

Pure speculation but if super charged is the route how expandable in power would that set up be? I know very little about them but understand how they work. With a turbo you can alter boost to a point where you need to change internals to get more. Is that the same scenario with a super charger?

Just curious on everyone thoughts.

Reactions: Hillbilly x cat

·
Registered
395 Posts
I heard a few months ago about a 3 cylinder super charged to. I'd prefer that for what is needed, low rpm high torque application.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also hear from my other local that the 3cyl yami motor turbo charged was the option. Just got me to thinking that if they announced the RG version and highlighted speedwerx as a partner wouldn't they be hinting/driving at that type of solution? Otherwise what is the point of the partnership.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Folks have speculated about an announcement at the upcoming Snow Show, don't know if it matters but RG will be in Australia for one of his SST events that week. I would think if his name is going on the car you'd want him there for the unveiling??

Wouldn't a large production run bring down the cost of a supercharger system?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Super Chargers are just slightly more than a turbo. You can adjust boost on SC like fortune said, pulley size and map. On my Jeep Rubicon, I changed the pulley to what they call a high elevation pulley, basically, gives more boost and had to load another map in the ECU for that pulley. I personally like Super Chargers better than turbos for various reasons, but Adub and I have argued about it over and over, and the Turbo does have pros and cons as does a SC. It would be cool to see the new cat have a SC and whistle around the dunes.... SC make a distinct sound, even if you try to redirect.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think a super charger is a streach there has to be a reason company's are shying away from them I think they would be a better fit than a turbo but I just don't see cat stepping up that much but there is always a glimmer of hope but I won't hold my breath for a supercharger

·
Registered
990 Posts
Rather than a new High Performance Model, I can see a low boost supercharger offered as a Performance Accessory by AC.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
3 cyl yamaha

1 - 20 of 1773 Posts