Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... well the new Green X is on order after considerable debate... er... I mean "discussion" with my wife as to what new ride we should add to the stable that already houses an exceptionally maintained 2007 TRV, 2008 Prowler, and 2012 TRV Cruiser. She thought the Prowler HDX with full cab would be more practical, but the thirst for adrenaline won out (yay) so here we go!! That said, the dealer had a 2013 Limited with a split flip-up windshield installed with the hard-top roof. We frequently find ourselves in pretty dusty conditions in the woods of northern Wisconsin. My original intent was to mate the split flip-up front window with the hardtop roof and soft rear window. But... my wife is not convinced the split windshield seals well enough to provide as much dust protection as the solid full windshield would. I like the idea of being able to open the windshield on hot summer days when not on a dusty trail; but want to optimize the dust protection as well.

Any perspectives from the WC-experienced on these options would be most appreciated! Thanks and happy trails!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same. Mine seals well except if it rains...tends to leak on legs because of an open gap near top hinges.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... no annoying wind-channel leakage on the openings in each corner where the top portion meets the bottom? Any complaints about obstructed view where the two hals join?

·
Registered
154 Posts
well i have the half ac window.but my wife and daughter cant see over it.have to admit i lose sight going over stuff.think ill buy full removable one and sell the half

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had just the AC half sold it. Bought the split one love it and even if I pull the top on off you can still see with the lower half on way better than the AC molded half shield the bend in it was right in view of my son. He says this new one is way better.

·
Registered
492 Posts
With the full non-opening window you will get more dusty than with no windsheild. I have a homemade half winsheild on mine and it keeps me very clean in dusty situations. The dust comes in and back out right away. With the full winsheild it will swirl behind the windshield. With a back window, it's a little better but not much. You need to get the two piece windsheild and run it half open in the summer to keep a breeze in the cab. The lower half will keep the wind off your face so all will be good.

Reactions: vetteshack

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good posts... thanks... I'm feeling better about going with the split windshield. Sounds like it has the best options to control dust and isn't distracting where the top and bottom come together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts