Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have a 2013.5 WC Non X.... trans took a dump on me and cant find any cheap way to go about fixing it.... recently found a Prowler/Thundercat 1000 Motor that is labeled as the "H2" engine that from all my gathering is the same motor that is in the wildcat. i contacted the owner and asked if said motor would work in the wildcat and he responded with not knowing if it would cross over or not. now the "new" motor comes bare bones. no clutches, clutch housing, exhaust, and intake manifold.... would i simply be able to drop this 09-17 "prowler/thundercat H2 engine" into my wildcat and just attach all my clutching, exhaust, and intake manifold to it and run it? or is there something else im missing here? the pictures look identical to my motor.

Also, I was able to FINALLY find a crank case, but it's for an "x" model pulled from a 2014. Will that work with my 13.5 non x? From what I've been able to find ot that the only difference between a non x and an x model is the cams are different correct?

this is my last straw with this, i hope this engine can work with my 13.5, as arctic cat has now stopped production of my crank case.....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
...slowly- gets a little confusin now !

in theory the atv motor should go in - motormounts seem to bee the same-

BUT the atv motor has a wetclutch - and your old motor has a teamclutch on it as seen on your pics- and your spare x-case should also be ready for teamclutch . but- you need a wetclutch case....!?

or you need a wetclutch for your atv motor .....
;- ()

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spare crank case has no clutching on it as well, just the rods coming out. In my head I would assume my clutching would be able to be pulled from my motor and just bolted on to either the motor or the extra crank case I just found?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The wet clutch and team clutch crankshafts are significantly different. It isn't possible to install clutching from one style onto the other. There are "wet clutch delete kits" that bolt to a wet clutch crank and use a traditional style clutch, but I think all of those kits used a different clutch from your Team primary. That would be a costly way to solve your problem.

Per the CountryCat website, the crankcase is the same for all years of the 1000 / X and several Prowlers, MudPros, etc. It would be possible to disassemble the Prowler motor and built it back as a Team clutch motor using the crankshaft and clutch parts from your 2013.5 motor. Similarly, the 2014 case will accept all of your 2013.5 parts.

You should probably read the factory service manual section on setting the gear lash/engagement before committing to building a motor from scratch. I've assembled a bunch of different engines in my life - even a Mazda rotary. I will probably be splitting the case on my turbo X motor and installing a welded crank in the next couple of months, and I'm not looking forward to dealing with the transmission and bevel gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts