Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one of those manual wipers and thought I would find out if I'm making a mistake or not before drilling a hole in the windshield. :) For those that have installed the manual windshield wiper, how do you like them? Did you install in the top or bottom of the windshield? I see them usually installed in the top of the windshield but what keeps it from falling and sitting in the middle of the windshield when not being used?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I just got one of those manual wipers and thought I would find out if I'm making a mistake or not before drilling a hole in the windshield. :) For those that have installed the manual windshield wiper, how do you like them? Did you install in the top or bottom of the windshield? I see them usually installed in the top of the windshield but what keeps it from falling and sitting in the middle of the windshield when not being used?
I mounted mine at top of windshield. The spring load in the wiper arm holds it against windshield , up high out of the way and didn't cause any issues dropping down. Works good and happy with it compared to putting in power unit. Just might have to swap out your blade depending on your windshield under coverage or over coverage.. Diy cold weather windshield

Reactions: Wildcart

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed mine on the top as thats what I seen others do.. time back I would have installed on bottom. When you wipe up all the water simply runs down in my view.. not great but its better than nothing...

·
Registered
711 Posts
I installed mine on the top as thats what I seen others do.. time back I would have installed on bottom. When you wipe up all the water simply runs down in my view.. not great but its better than nothing...
Good point, i only have full windshield on in winter, so mostly snow wiping, never noticed water coming down issue. Gun mount is on dash so no room for bottom control anyways..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had a manual wiper. Hated it. Pain in the tush to operate and drive. Buy an electric unit, they are very affordable. I mounted mine in the upper right corner and the wiper swipes down. Change the blade that comes with it to a 12" . I am making an assumption you have an automotive glass windshield. If not, I don't know what to tell you, only that if an electric can be mounted, do it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had a manual wiper. Hated it. Pain in the tush to operate and drive. Buy an electric unit, they are very affordable. I mounted mine in the upper left corner and the wiper swipes down. Change the blade that comes with it to a 12" . I am making an assumption you have an automotive glass windshield. If not, I don't know what to tell you, only that if an electric can be mounted, do it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had a manual wiper. Hated it. Pain in the tush to operate and drive. Buy an electric unit, they are very affordable. I mounted mine in the upper right corner and the wiper swipes down. Change the blade that comes with it to a 12" . I am making an assumption you have an automotive glass windshield. If not, I don't know what to tell you, only that if an electric can be mounted, do it.
I wasn't sure about the quality of the electric wipers, plus it is a hardcoated poly, so I think it'll just bend What electric wiper did you go with?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts