Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this to gauge interest in the Mudbusters fender flares for the XX. They make kits for the Wildcat 1000 and 700 trail so I contacted them today to see if they have a planned release date for our XX application. Ended up having a lengthy conversation with Jarrett about the XX and Arctic Cat UTVs. Their design philosophy is to utilize existing mounting holes in the fender liner area to mount the flares, which adds protection there and eliminates the need for any drilling in the fenders like other manufacturers' products. Turns out they are big fans of Arctic Cat but so far have not seen enough interest to invest the time making a set of flairs for the XX. I told Jarrett that I would start a post to gauge interest. They are based in Tempe AZ and need access to a machine to take measurements. I have 2 machines but am based in NJ, so if anyone is local to Tempe AZ and is willing to let them take measurements we could speed up the process. I have no affiliation with this company and am just looking for solutions to provide better protection for our machines and their occupants. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
With the 77" kit I get drenched even going through a puddle. I would be interested as long as they are minimalistic and do not look like I am a mudder. I live in the desert PNW and while water/mud is rare, it does happen in late fall/early spring.

Would like to see what others have done to take care of the problem???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the 77" kit I get drenched even going through a puddle. I would be interested as long as they are minimalistic and do not look like I am a mudder. I live in the desert PNW and while water/mud is rare, it does happen in late fall/early spring.

Would like to see what others have done to take care of the problem???
Thanks for the feedback apseagle. They have not designed the kit for the Wildcat XX yet, but after reviewing their other designs and talking at length with Jarrett I have no reason to believe the flares for our machines would not follow their standard design approach.

Here is an example of their rear flare for the Wildcat Trail.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Perhaps a more significant benefit of these flares beyond mud is their ability to deflect rocks and other debris. During my last outing 2 reasonable size rocks ended up in my bed. I have no doubt that if I had flares that closed the gaps where the rear fenders taper in toward the bed this would not happen. The rep also told me that they try to augment the existing fender liner protection by covering exposed sections of the frame and closing off gaps where possible. There are several videos posted on youtube showing installs on Wildcats and other machines. These provide some good insight into how the flares are designed along with the fit and finish.
Hopefully a member located close to their facility in Tempe AZ will be interested and allow the Mudbusters team to make templates for the XX.
Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, I see over 180 views for this thread but only one responded. Please reply if you are interested in a no drill option from Mudbusters. If they see enough interest they will develop them. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke to the folks at Mud-Busters again to make them aware of this thread as well as the forum. Turns out there is a second location option for getting the patterns made, Russellville Arkansas. They have engineering resources there as part of the parent company, Grace Manufacturing's facility. Without a loaner machine to make the patterns their only alternative is to buy a XX, which is a big investment. I was told again that the Wildcat XX is on their list of machines to address, but priority is determined by customer interest. If any forum members near Tempe AZ or Russellville Arkansas are willing to help with the patterns I am sure this will bump up the priority for the XX. I am based in NJ, so getting my machine to them is not a viable option. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts