Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sold the Red Dodge Pickup today. More to follow... ;)

Reactions: Sak kitty

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a deposit down on something... :eek:

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Hope it is something good like a Ford instead of one of those government bailout Trucks. Lol:cool:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
90% of all Fords are still on the road today.

The other 10% made it home. ;)

Reactions: cnj and DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
546 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Changed up the fleet, replaced two vehicles with one!
One car to do it all, one car to find them...

I sold the truck, and traded in the Subaru on this- a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk!

It has the Trailer Tow, Cold WX and Convenience packages. Just drove it home from the dealer today, and it's a marked upgrade from the previous two vehicles in many ways! Love it already.
Not a great day for trading cars today... We woke up to freezing rain, and about 7:30am a bunch of tree limbs came down at the front of the driveway. Fortunately not at the back of the driveway where the Subaru was parked! I got those cleared out of the way, then had to run some errands. Tree limbs down all over the place, I stopped twice to clear limbs from the road. It's been rain/sleet/snow all day, so the Subaru and the Cherokee are all wet with a little snow on them. The attached picture is the best you're going to get today. I'll be trailer-shopping later, probably going to get a 6'x12' flatbed.
20181115_155157.jpg

Reactions: Sak kitty

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Nice Jeep Ron.
Now that you made the purchase of a vehicle and trailer you can
drive it to the Black Hills in June. Lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks! I don't have the trailer yet... but "may" have it by June. ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So... I found a trailer online marked down to a great sale price. Brought it home today! Diamond C 6'x12' flatbed, single-axle with a folding ramp, LED lights all around. Heavy-duty and solid, should work great for a long time. Also bought a spare tire and mount, and locks. :)

Reactions: Dean and Sak kitty

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Discovered last week I had a marker light burned-out on the trailer. (Used it to haul the stuff from the storage area to the new house!) I emailed the mfr. of the trailer to find out what kind of light it is and how to replace it. E-mailed back-n-forth a few times. I tried to call him to order it, but he doesn't answer his phone and doesn't call back. He does email, found out they want $8 for the light, $20 shipped- for ONE (1) light?! Went up on Amazon, found a pack of 10 3/4" LED marker lights, 5 amber + 5 red for $9 shipped! :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Been a while, but I'm still here! Still have the Jeep, Trailer and WC Trail. :)
I have 3 days off in a row this week, so I'm finally working on the Trail. General maint. stuff, also hoping to add the lights and winch I've had for ... well, too long.
It's having the problem of not shifting gears with the engine running. I took off the clutch cover and it's barely even dirty. Everything looks okay (less than 100 miles on it), and I can spin the bearing with my fingers, so I'm not sure what the problem might be??

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So the FB page is a lot more active these days, I've already had some helpful suggestions there. :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts