Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first experience with a GoPro camera. Happy with the clarity and colour, but disappointed that speed is not as apparent in video as it is in reality and also, as other have commented, that in video you don't get a realistic sense of the steepness of terrain. Some of this stuff is a real struggle to climb on foot.:inv:

RLW

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Nice video. Looks like a great place to ride.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
As mentioned, looks like a great place to ride. Great video. And yeah, sometimes video (go-pro anyways) doesn't seem to capture the true contures of terrain! Good job!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Great video and yhea I can see what you mean about not showing the speed and terrian very well....

I could get the feel for it real good but someone that hasn't driven the WC wouldn't get the feeling for the speed for sure....

I really liked the ridgeline riding that's pretty cool...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. This video was taken in my back yard. I live on the shore of the lake in the background and entire valley wall on the north shore is like this. Miles and miles of hills, bush and ridgelines to climb. Our snowmobile club also grooms a couple hundred miles of marked trails in the winter. WildOffRoad - some nice pictures you have of that nasty machine. Although I primarily snowmobile in the winter, I'm looking forward to trying the WC out on the lake. Thinking I might spike the factory tires since I have no use for them otherwise...

RLW

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a pretty sweet lifestyle, I have to admit. Got a text from a buddy on the weekend while I was out ripping up the trail asking if I was on the lake. Within 20 minutes I was home, changed and speeding across the waves on my SeaDoo to meet him. The only drawback is the hour drive to work each day, and hour back. But then again, lots of folks in large cities spend that commuting short distances also.

RLW

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'd take the commute anyday! The country is the only place to live.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts