Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just want to get input as to what I'm doing here with my cat. The story is this there had been like a sound for about 50 miles now I've been trying to locate like a whin type sound id call ot from the rearish of the vehicle. The other day I started her up and let it warm up like usual did a few seconds drive and got on it a little when going around the house. I didn't get far and the buggy just came to a stop. I try to give gas and nothing so I put it into 4 wheel drive and it moves. I bring inside and jack up rear end, look at the rear drive coupler its all good so I spin the tires while they are off the ground and they both spin but the drive coupler doesn't spin. I don't hear any change in the washer or clanging sound whatnot like the diff is fried or the bearings in there blew up so is this my dif? or is it the sld thing I've read about? Is there anything else I could be missing? Ive got it all ready to take the cap off it where the sld sits and I'm think I'm just going to get it welded like I've seen but I don't want to take it off if there something else I may be missing or if the you guys think the dif is just fried. I'll try the rebuild if it is fried. I like new challenges but I like being on the trails even more. I never heard a loud pop when this happened either but I believe I've heard the pop sound before. Im at about 1900 miles. Its a 2014 X. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coupler. If you had the rear wheels up and spin and the coupler doesn't turn, then that it. I broke 2 of them.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Could be the coupler, SLD or ring and pinion. Based on the lack of noise, probably the coupler. When the SLD or diff goes, there is usually debris that makes noise when the wheels are turning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts