Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just returned from the test drive in denver. number one thing i want to say is the suspension is unreal nothing will even touch it. but.... i was not sold on the power of the machine but as i was told by them the engine is not done and not exactly what its going to be when it hits the floor so who knows. as for transmission seems to shift well but in my opinion this machine still need a parking break besides just a park in the trans. we di find one machine that would only do 41 but me and the guy that was riding it were talking and he and i both agreed that it could have been that the secondary clutch wasn't shifting out do to sand or what.he is die had can-am and said word for word "the suspension would make can-am and polaris xp look like girl machines" but power the can-am and xp would make the wildcat look like a sissy. power steering is awsome but..... it takes 5 square acres to turn around. i did find out that the tires that were on all of these test ride machines are not the ones that are coming on the consumer machine. also the guy i was talking to did say that hmf and or fmf have a machine that they are working there magic on as we speak so im betting when the machine is released they will have aftermarket exhaust very soon.seats and creature comfort is absolutely second to none im 6'1 and fit with more than enough room actually fit better than a prowler. brakes felt as good as any and never made any noise on me. all in all it will be an awesome machine and i still cant wait to get my hands on one of my own.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Shawny125,
I know that is the hardest part of going and driving one. You now want yours YESTERDAY and that isn't soon enough.

I hope you are correct that th engine isn't done and the clutches will be worked too before they release them. And I totally argree that right now the suspension is it but the engine sucks hind tit.

·
Registered
686 Posts
like i have said, i know for a fact the engine in them is supposed to be more powerful than what is actually in the demo models. so hopefully its a big change once they hit the showroom floors.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I hope you are right, the one we rode didnt have the power we expected.

·
Registered
218 Posts
All I have heard is that the Wildcat wont pull a sick whore out of bed. But I just dont see it. I have driven a XTZ and a Xp and the XTZ has way more power...

·
Registered
986 Posts
All I have heard is that the Wildcat wont pull a sick whore out of bed. But I just dont see it. I have driven a XTZ and a Xp and the XTZ has way more power...
Dealer told me that a stock xtz right out of the crate with 2 big guys in it ran 76. Many have said there is at least some reason to suspect the production units will have more than the demos currently do. And as has been discussed many times now, a pipe, programmer and a clutch change will make a huge differEnce.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I wouldn't say the preproduction units I drove were that bad. The first one I drove ran real good and was almost as fast as the XP900 I drove this summer. The second one I drove was slower and seemed to be slower to the point where I would have comapired it to a 800S. I am trying real hard to stop choping at the bit because it won't be til spring that I will see mine so I have a long wait. I hope once the production units are released they are better and then when the aftermarket hits I know we won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It won't belong for the aftermarket to get stuff out. They can change the Thundercat or Prowler stuff to work. I know a guy at HMF I will see if they have one or any info.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I know that this machine will be awesome when it hits the dealers....we just need to be kewl and wait a little longer. I give credit to AC for putting in this much time, resources, and $$$$ in perfecting the Wildcat...it will all be worth it in the end!!!!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I will be doing the test ride this weekend so i am stoke to find out what it is like. i hope that maybe the demo models are tuned down to make it safe for the demo ??? and the production units be super bad !!!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Foxfire,
Yes your correct but trying to be kwel and waiting isn't easy. But as you said AC took a big risk and they have made one heck of a SXS.

Donkey,
Have a great time and give the demo some HE!!. Take lots of pictures for us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts