Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to Little Sahara last weekend to demo the Wildcat. I was in my Commander that I purchased in February of this year. My past rides are as follows: 50" RZR, Outlander 800, King Quad, and Rhino.

When I first came upon four of the new wildcats out in the dunes my first impression was that they are way better looking in person!

I loaded up in one of the test units and noticed that I could actually spread my legs. I bring this up because that is a big problem in the Commander. As we started out I immediately noticed how smooth the car rode which is another big plus.

I was the last car in line and was worried that the cars in front of me might go to slow for me to really get a feel for the Wildcat. Man was I wrong! It was a wide open test drive no limits! I actually had a hard time keeping up as going that fast through the whoops goes against everything I know! Every time we come to a set of whoops the rep that was riding with me would say; "STAY ON IT"! I looked down at one time and was doing 50+ through monster whoops. Amazing!

Another positive I noticed was that I wasn't "Burning Up" like I do when I ride the Commander. I will never own a sxs with the motor in the cock pit again. Good job Arctic Cat.

Power steering......Way nice! A first for me.

Power? It felt Exactly the same as my Commander.

Build? Looked very well built.

Cock pit? Pretty nice.

To summarize it's a very nice ride. Will I buy one? Maybe, but probably not. I think I like the higher seating position of the RZR and Commander. We'll see after another ride. Would I trade my Commander straight across? H*ll Yes! It was a disappointment from the start.

·
Registered
686 Posts
the upright cockpit and seating position like a commander and RZR make you feel more "truck'ish" so you feel up above things. the wildcat is alot more like riding in an acura TL you lay in the car, sitting in a seat but almost with your butt flat on the floor pan. arctic cat did this to lower the center of gravity helping the machines handling and cornering. it is different, and a little funny at first for some. but sitting down on the floor pan allows you to "feel" the whole car around you rather than just sit upright in a seat. it was all about the feel of the machine and center of gravity.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Redflametech,
Your going to enjoy drivning one or at least I did. I know what the HP numbers say but I wasn't all that unimpressed with it's power. Yes I would have liked a little more SNAP out of the hole but once you get it up to speed it is fast. I was at 70 more than once when I was driving. Make sure you take a camera and take pictures. I know I already shared mine but would like to see more.

·
Registered
945 Posts
X 2 Redflamtech...please take lots of pic if given the opportunity and pound the snot out of it!!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Can't wait for your helmet cam footage. Should be very interesting to say the least. Enjoy yourselves and hopefully you'll come back with some great information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts