Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since the Wildcats aren't in yet, we were forced to rent a RZR XP to go on our dunes trip last weekend. After doing the demo ride in the Wildcat, it was great to have some time for comparison. My thoughts on the XP are, it has tons of power, it is REALLY tall, it is still the same cramped cockpit, it goes through some fuel, it is a blast to drive overall. There was also a Commander 1000 in our group. Both rigs had the same paddle set up, coincidentally, front and rear. The Commander has more low end torque and would usually get the jump on the XP off the line. We raced both on the flats, and up several competition hill areas. They are very very close. The XP probably edged out the Commander more times than not, but never by more than a couple lengths. The downfall of the Commander is the stock suspension. In the dunes I was able to put plenty of distance between ourselves and the Commander because of his lacking suspension. To me, this just confirmed that if the Wildcat performs anywhere close to those rigs, the suspension will set it apart. Even if the XP is slightly faster, I felt the suspension on the Wildcat was drastically better than that of the XP. That tells me I could put the same distance between myself in a WC and my buddy in an XP while in the dunes. That is what I feel is important and will set the WC apart. For the most part, the suspension nor power is a big factor in my trail riding. Up in the mountains is usually a slower paced more technical ride for me. Almost any UTV works fine for that in my opinion. I can't wait to get my Wildcat this spring and use it to its full potential next dune season..............

·
Registered
986 Posts
Nice to make comparison for sure, I know the xp motor is badass, but the suspension is no better than a rzr s. no comparison to wildcat suspension, so in a long rough section, the cat will rule stock to stock.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i had 3 rzr and going to keep my xp lot of $$$ in it and fast as hell not a good ride but fun get the wildcat jan 26 what i was told

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice to make comparison for sure, I know the xp motor is badass, but the suspension is no better than a rzr s. no comparison to wildcat suspension, so in a long rough section, the cat will rule stock to stock.
Its clearly better than the RZR-S suspension. There was one of those in our group too. He said his back was toast from bottoming out so much. The XP only bottomed out once hard and several other times the entire 3 days. Maybe its just because I know how to drive a little bit though................

·
Registered
508 Posts
Id be willing to bet that the new wildcat has the guys over at popo up working late nights.

·
Registered
986 Posts
oh yes rzrxp suspension is better than the rzr-s i no
Ok, moderately better, in some ways, but in others, it lacks behind the S even. Try decelerating your XP in a long set of whoops from full throttle, it goes wild like a rodeo bull. The S does not do that. The S does bottom out to the point of being ridiculous though and the XP doesn't.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id be willing to bet that the new wildcat has the guys over at popo up working late nights.
They better be! What's funny is that by listening to the RZR guys, I thought the XP was much quicker/faster than the Commander. That is not the case at all. So, not any more powerful than the Commander + less suspension capability than a Wildcat = PoPo engineers up all night..................

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, moderately better, in some ways, but in others, it lacks behind the S even. Try decelerating your XP in a long set of whoops from full throttle, it goes wild like a rodeo bull. The S does not do that. The S does bottom out to the point of being ridiculous though and the XP doesn't.
The XP was wild like a rodeo bull too many times in the whoops for my liking. You definitely can't just hammer it through the whoops like the Wildcat. It can get scary real fast.................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts