Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anybody happen to have measured the front end width, tire to tire? I've taken the day off to start modifying my current trailer to accommodate the 64" specs. I am mostly concerned with the front as I have to clear the wheel wells which allow only 62". I'm hoping it is not as wide as the rear and the specs listed on AC site is for the back. Any of you vendors with the demos able to help out?

Apprecitate the help!

·
Registered
186 Posts
one tip that works with other UTVs: you can ratchet strap the two sides together to lift the suspension and make it a couple inches narrower. Not ideal, but sometimes a couple inches will be the difference between fitting in the trailer and not.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solid advice! I did not even consider that, thank you. I'm leaning towards welding a ramp on top of the wheel well to just drive up & over. The rest is cake. Just going to cut off all the rails and weld out the sides another 4" per side for a perfect fit. I'll then reuse the steel and space it just enough to put the whole railing system back in place. sorry, just thinking 'out loud' :rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
ya, there are lots of ways.
You see the sand rail guys put skinny tires instead of the big paddles to get the rails into trailers. but you have to change tires every time you load and unload.
Just buy a huge trailer... it will keep getting wider! LOL

I had a 50" RZR, then put wheels on it to be 56", then bought a 60" RZR-S, then put paddles on it for 64", then did an engine swap and put bigger paddles on for 68" (+/-)... not sure what my next upgrade will make it! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, there are lots of ways.
You see the sand rail guys put skinny tires instead of the big paddles to get the rails into trailers. but you have to change tires every time you load and unload.
Just buy a huge trailer... it will keep getting wider! LOL

I had a 50" RZR, then put wheels on it to be 56", then bought a 60" RZR-S, then put paddles on it for 64", then did an engine swap and put bigger paddles on for 68" (+/-)... not sure what my next upgrade will make it! LOL
Next step is to move into a sand dune. no trailer needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts