Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a U0155 code come up on my 2015 1000x. I have no power steering and no rpm or mph on the cluster. This happened awhile back and i removed the plug from the back of the gauge, applied some lithium grease, plugged it back in and it worked just fine after that. It has sat for about a month since i drove it last and now its doing it again. I checked the plug behind the gauge and everything is nice and tight. There was nothing other than the grease before hand in the connector. Anyone know what to check out next?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,034 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i finally got around to working on the cat. Pulled the center console out and started pulling back the tape and loom on the wiring harness. I found the red/black wire connection everyone is having issues with in the thread posted above. That connection seems to be perfectly fine. I cant see any corrosion on the outside and i pulled a little on the connection and everything feels tight. Should i open it up and check the inside of it just to make sure? Im not quite sire where to go from here

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Yeah pull on the wires or cut away the heat shrink, the wires will be green if that is the problem. the connection can be resealed with liquid electrical tape most parts store should have some or Harbor Freight does. When I was doing the speedo relocate project I had to plug / unplug the connector at the back of the gauge several times and it started throwing the same code, contact cleaner / die electric grease would only help for a little bit. I ended up twisting the pins slightly on the plug and all is well 3 yrs later.

Have you pulled the ECM plug and checked it?

Edit: None of the wires were rubbing on the drive-line were they? They had a recall on that on the early machines..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the gauge out today and bent all the pins in just a little bit, plugged it back in and all works fine now. Thanks for the help. I gotta head to town for some liquid tape and some more electrical tape now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im having a U0155 code come up on my 2015 1000x. This happened awhile back and i removed the plug from the back of the gauge, applied some lithium grease, plugged it back in and it worked just fine after that.
I had the same UO155 error after having my seats out the car and it got rained on. So I tried disconnecting the battery and ECM, drying out the fuse block with a hairdryer, cleaned out the ECM connection (which had a little water in it) and filled it with dielectric grease and now the gauge doesnt light up at all when the key is in ACC, but it does light up when I try to crank the motor, however the data on screen is no reading properly (mostly all blank) and the motor wont start, just cranks.

So I'm going to check the plug on the gauge, but cant find the procedure on how to do this. Is there a way to remove the gauge from the front? or do I have to start removing my bumper/plastics and get under the hood, to the back of the gauge?

Thanks for the help before I start removing everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts