Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 14 wildcat 1000x and I'm having issues with a rich idle. I've changed plugs, wires, new coils, checked fuel pressure (42 psi key on engine off, bouncy needle about 50 psi with engine running). Is it normal for the fuel pressure to drop to zero when the pump turns off?? I can hear the fuel rush back to the tank after the pump cycles. Is 50psi to much fuel pressure while running?? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks and have a great day!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every fuel injected vehicle I have owned retained some pressure after the fuel pump shut off....this one has none. You can actually hear the fuel run back to the tank. I'm quite confused.... Hoping someone can tell me if this is normal or if there is a check valve in the pump that's bad. Also they say 43psi for fuel pressure while running and I'm wondering if 50 psi while running is what's causing it to run rich.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Every fuel injected vehicle I have owned retained some pressure after the fuel pump shut off....this one has none. You can actually hear the fuel run back to the tank. I'm quite confused.... Hoping someone can tell me if this is normal or if there is a check valve in the pump that's bad. Also they say 43psi for fuel pressure while running and I'm wondering if 50 psi while running is what's causing it to run rich.
I don't know about the fuel pressure but the X has bigger cams so it idles a little rough and rich

·
Registered
244 Posts
50 psi can make it rich should be running 43 psi

Reactions: Wildcat82
1 - 5 of 5 Posts