Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All West Coaster's should cancel your WC orders and get this Joyner...then maybe my WC would be delivered sooner ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Some very nice features, but do not like its over all look at all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
5sp Tranny and a 4cyl motor, interesting...Too bad Joyner has a bad reputation, at least in the west coast. Known for very heavy chassis and are kown as the chinnese knock off.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I thought Joyner went out of business. They are garbage. Everyone I know who has ever owned one has spent hundreds of hours working on and improving their rides just so they would stay together. I would never ever own one. Not even if it was given to me for free. They do make a nice boat anchor though......................

·
Registered
426 Posts
I thought Joyner went out of business. They are garbage. Everyone I know who has ever owned one has spent hundreds of hours working on and improving their rides just so they would stay together. I would never ever own one. Not even if it was given to me for free. They do make a nice boat anchor though......................
Chinese to aren't they. Junk!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Owned one, best machine going for the money. I'm surprised he didn't mention the price in the video. They were about $12k. They are serious cars.

Reason I got rid of mine was because of the weight, about 1900lbs. I fit in my toy hauler Ok but a tight fit. The engines are awesome, bulletproof. Just to heavy.

Gumball

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:dito: We won't even let them near the shop.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Owned one, best machine going for the money. I'm surprised he didn't mention the price in the video. They were about $12k. They are serious cars.

Reason I got rid of mine was because of the weight, about 1900lbs. I fit in my toy hauler Ok but a tight fit. The engines are awesome, bulletproof. Just to heavy.

Gumball
If you didn't have problems with yours, then you may just be the only one. They are exceedingly heavy. Power to weight ratio sucks. Parts, welds, frame, and everything else connected to that "bulletproof" engine are not worth their weight in scrap. I know of one that virtually every weld broke, never started, burned through clutches, blew out oil, had to replace every wire, and had to turbo it just so it would get out of its own way. If you are just gonna do some slow trail riding or do some minor rock climbing, they are probably ok. Most of them don't make it through a whole ride though. I am pretty sure they are out of business. The last couple years they were around, you couldn't even get any parts. Most parts had to be fabbed.................

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
dentless what do you have to say on the 1000cc law because i think you was the one that said no biger than 1000cc on sxs

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
dentless what do you have to say on the 1000cc law because i think you was the one that said no biger than 1000cc on sxs
Wasn't me. I would imagine they could put whatever motor they want in a SxS. They will only go so far because of safety. And if they did regulate engine size, it would be based on certain vehicle weight or something I am sure. But look at the power to weight ratio of the new jet skis, or snowmobiles, or even motorcycles. I'm sure a manufacturer can try what ever they want, as long as they are willing to brave the class action suits if it goes wrong..................

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gee,

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel.

I merely made an observation based on personal experience.

Yes, I had some problems with mine. I've been off roading for some 61 years now, and I've had problems with lots of machines.

I sort of feel like if I don't have anything good to say, I don't say anything at all.

Gumball

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I sort of feel like if I don't have anything good to say, I don't say anything at all.

Gumball
Gumball,
I usually make that my policy. I try not to bash the competition in the sales process. The problem is that a satisfied Joyner, Hi-Sun, Tomodo, etc. owner is a rare, rare breed, indeed. Week after week I face people who have bought these unsupported heaps of dung, and politely tell them that we won't work on them, and Wickenburg is a tiny town. If I lose a sale to Polaris, or another legitimate brand, that's the breaks of the game, but I genuinely feel bad for people who can't resist the "deal" on these clunkers. If I can save someone the pain, I do.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Gee,

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel.

I merely made an observation based on personal experience.

Yes, I had some problems with mine. I've been off roading for some 61 years now, and I've had problems with lots of machines.

Gumball
I wasn't trying to bust on you Gumball. But this thread was about thoughts on the Joyner. Those are my thoughts. They mirror the thoughts of the Joyner owners that I know. I have had way too many good rides ruined by a Joyner breaking down. If you liked yours, that is great news. If you had minimal problems with it, then that is even better. But from my experiences, you would be very much in the minority...................

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Dentless is not junk how dare you. He is a treasured Az asshat, remember that!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts