Wildcat Forum banner

New 2016 Wildcat Sport XT or New 2016 Wildcat X?

7K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  mbrandt1402 
#1 ·
I stumbled onto a dealer that has two left over 2016 units. The prices to me a crazy low but I wanted your thoughts.

The Sport I can get for $7999.00 plus tax and the X with stereo system, metal top and folding windshield at $10,999.00 plus tax.

I don't really need a sport side by side and was just looking for a Prowler 500 to use around my place but when I saw these my old MX days came back to mind (not that I can do any of that stuff at 62 LOL) and I thought I could build a small track on the back of my property (very small just two acres) for myself and the grandkids. Looks to me like Textron is killing Arctic Cat.
I'm a little worried about tires sitting in the weather for four years and I'm sure the batteries are crap.

What unit (if either one) would you get at the above prices?

Jerry

#2 ·
That's a great price on both.
Either machine should handle your backyard and a whole lot more.
The X will have more power and more leg room.
As far as you being 62 years old and owning a SxS most of us are the same age or older.

#3 ·
Welcome ShadowBolt. If it were me, I would opt for the X, as boonedog mentioned. More power, more room. Age is only a number, don't let it be a detriment. If you want it, go get it! Saying that, either model, I recommend that you get harnesses, and a harness bar. Safety first. Also NEVER do doughnuts, sure way to rollover. Any questions you might have, ask away. Good luck.

Reactions: DeanTeck
#4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

My wife and I go to Ouray, Colorado in a 44' motorhome pulling my F150 every summer and I was really wanting a 50" so I could haul it in the back of my pick-up bed but it looks like that is not as easy as I assumed it would be. This is the only thing that has kept me from purchasing one of these units. I don't see anyone hauling a SxS in a pick-up bed. I know it is doable but what are your thoughts? I may could get the Sport in my truck, no way on the X.

On the age thing I agree I was just saying I'm too old for motocross. I still road race a Mustang in the Camaro/Mustang Challenge with NASA Texas.
One more question. Does the X have adjustable seats or do you have to remove them?

JJ

#5 ·
Yeah, maybe too old for MX, unless it's the vet class. I still ride my dirt bike in Glamis. I believe the X has seat sliders.

Reactions: izom
#7 ·
Congrats! Now go get some harnesses and a harness bar.

#9 ·
I have harnesses that have dated out for racing. What is the best harness bar?
Thanks,
JJ
Not sure, as many companies stopped making stuff for for the Wildcats. Although not a Supporting Vendor, you can try Dragonfire Racing. Look them up. As a non Supporting Vendor, forum rules states no web links, prices or phone numbers. Easy enough to find though.

#13 ·
Well I got the new Wildcat X home and took the wife for a five minute ride. She hated it due to how loud it was. Any ideas? We rented a RZR a few years ago and it was not near as loud. Now my new unit has a top and wildshield. Is it possible that is why it is so loud in the cockpit?

JJ

#14 ·
Stock exhaust? Stock exhaust is pretty quiet. EZ Ryde makes a quiet muffler.

#18 ·
The X will probably be too heavy for your F150 once you add in the weight of a rack. We traded up from a 1/2 ton Silverado to a GMC 2500HD to carry our X Ltd around behind our motorhome.

I ran my fastest lap ever at 63, about a tenth under my SCCA lap record, but it was with SVRA. Old dogs can still hunt.
Land vehicle Vehicle Race car Formula libre Sports car racing

I assume you have figured out that the X doesn't have seat sliders. I believe you could add them.

Our 2015 was never really loud, but towards the end it seemed like the cat matrix had busted loose. It wasn't breaking up, but it rattled and I felt like the 'cat was a little louder than it had been. When you look at mufflers, keep in mind that the exhaust system changed in 2015. Anything earlier than that won't fit without replacing the entire exhaust and adding an O2 sensor bung.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.