Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order for a new wildcat 2 days ago, I was having problems sleeping just thinking about it, - torture! Now I have to wait till late May to get it, torture! I test drove 1 a couple of times at Dourhamtown Plantation and was hooked.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats! good move... I bet you are kicking yourself in the butt now for now placing a pre-order....

So May is when they say the second wave will be?

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
There is 1 in georgetown ky. For sale. They put it on a thread a few hours ago.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I'm glad I did it, no more trying to decide between it and the xp, it's a done deal. By may I'll have the $ to pay for it so thats good too. I'll just keep riding the quads at durhamtown till then, and the weather is good for it now too, we never really got a winter this year.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
i been thinking about coming down there. But i heard they are real strict. Got to wear helmets on utv and your utv has to be a certain width. And no night riding.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are strict, but no helmets for sxs. Tons of trails and tracks-I would wear a helmet anyways-too many wrecks racing quads. It really is worth checking out, I am a member down there, keep a camper and race trailer full of quads ready to go there so I'm there almost every week. Many of by friends I race with also race sxs ALL Polaris. I will be the first down here with a Cat. You really should try it out at dtown it's worth the ride. They have night rides but you have to pay extra or you can race at night.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i been thinking about coming down there. But i heard they are real strict. Got to wear helmets on utv and your utv has to be a certain width. And no night riding.
If you like Coal Creek and that area don't bother coming down here, you will be very disappointed. We ride there because its close and yes they are very rules heavy. The demo rides in the WC were fun but I am sure they would have been a lot better at CC.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I intend to take mine to CC as soon as I get it from the dealer in Chattanooga.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
coal creek and brimstone are the best places i have found. West virigina and black mountain the trails are narrow and if you go off trail you fall straight down about a 100 foot and dead. To dangers. They need to make the trails wider you can't hardly pass if someone is coming the other way. Coal creek trail 12 is the best trail of all. Its different every time i go on it and a vairity of terrain. 10+

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you talking about Hatfield-McCoy in W.Va.? I went once and it was just as you described, I don't like 2 way trails, BUT I am going back this Oct. with a large group of friends.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Yep. Me to oct. 2-8. With my friends. Its our guys trip. 5 years in a row.

·
Registered
218 Posts
coal creek and brimstone are the best places i have found. West virigina and black mountain the trails are narrow and if you go off trail you fall straight down about a 100 foot and dead. To dangers. They need to make the trails wider you can't hardly pass if someone is coming the other way. Coal creek trail 12 is the best trail of all. Its different every time i go on it and a vairity of terrain. 10+
I agree TEN. we ride Hat-McC and the trails at Rockhouse were crazy narrow. My wife was scared to death. Our RZRs barely fit on trail 12 there. Where is CC and Brimstone? Tenn. or Kentuky? We would like to go somewere wider just need to know how far of a road trip.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
coal creek is windrock it is in oliver springs,tn.you need to come to the spring or fall jamobee. I've been 8 years in a row. One big party. Events all day and night riding all night long and sleeping til lunch.haha trail 12 is the best you will ever find anywhere. Its between 2 mountainS with a creek running threw it. It takes about 4 hours to do. That counts stop, drinking, and playing in the creek. MAKE CAMPING RESERVATIONS MONTHS A HEAD. 865-435-1251

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
brimstone is in huntsville,tn. It has the king of the mountain race. 3 hour race the one with the most laps win. They have only done i think is 12 to 16 laps. Trails are good and wide. But the events and concert are the best. And again call a head for camping. 865-617-8127

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was kinda worrying about the trail width up at Hatfield, the trip I made up there was on a quad. Do you guys think the cat will make it?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
they are strict, but no helmets for sxs. Tons of trails and tracks-I would wear a helmet anyways-too many wrecks racing quads. It really is worth checking out, I am a member down there, keep a camper and race trailer full of quads ready to go there so I'm there almost every week. Many of by friends I race with also race sxs ALL Polaris. I will be the first down here with a Cat. You really should try it out at dtown it's worth the ride. They have night rides but you have to pay extra or you can race at night.
Don't bet on being the first at D-town. We will be there on the 26th of this month with a black one.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I was kinda worrying about the trail width up at Hatfield, the trip I made up there was on a quad. Do you guys think the cat will make it?
We have ridden both Pinnacle and Indian Ridge at HM. I don't see the wildcat as having any problems on either one of those trail sections. We are going up in June to ride the new Pocahantas section. We plan to trailer over to Rock House but will stay at Ashland and ride all 3 sections from the resort.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I meant in my circle of friends that I race with. I'll look for you, you will be the first I have seen other than the demo rides, and I'm there almost every week. I would like to watch you hit the Grand Prix track and see your cat school those xps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts