Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a '12 wildcat 1000 in July.
The previous owner used it for racing.
Had an accident.
Got too scared to drive it.
Insurance fixed it better than before.
I reap the benefits.

So what it came with:
NEW full racing cage, pro armor doors, NEW 15" MSA beadlock wheels, NEW 28" Motoclaw tires, NEW Corbeau racing drivers seat, NEW 4pt harnesses, NEW 30" light bar, NEW '14 engine (I finished breaking it in), Rhino axles, plus more I can't think of from memory.

After approx. 150 miles I bent my stock tie rod which broke the outer CV on an axle.
I replaced the broken rhino with a stock axle I got with my purchase.
I replaced the flimsy tie rods with American Star chromoly units.
I also switched out the rear lower control arms with Hilifter hi clearance arms.
I installed a 2" receiver hitch.
I bought and recieved the MLS upgraded steering sliders. Not installed yet.
I purchased a Warrior Riser snorkel kit that I can not use because of my roll cage.

And my cart is still full on several websites, so...
LoL

Glad to be here.

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,613 Posts
Welcome Dratyar. Nice mods on the machine. Try and change out diff fluid at regular intervals. Diff gears have a habit of breaking, especially on the older machines.

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
welcome to the forum dratyar...nice lookin' rig you have...enjoy and be safe out there...

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Welcome to the liter box and by the looks of things your not going anywhere soon :lick:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome and advice.

I'm looking at getting 4"satv portals w/30% reductions in Feb.
My plan is to run 32-34 tires.
I like the System 3 300 series tires, but I also like super swamper LT tires.
Close in weight.
Close in toughness..
Close in price...
Aside from the sidewall flex (or lack of), is there any reason that I should stay with a sxs tire over LT tires?

·
Administrator
27,613 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and advice.

I'm looking at getting 4"satv portals w/30% reductions in Feb.
My plan is to run 32-34 tires.
I like the System 3 300 series tires, but I also like super swamper LT tires.
Close in weight.
Close in toughness..
Close in price...
Aside from the sidewall flex (or lack of), is there any reason that I should stay with a sxs tire over LT tires?
I would advise against any tire size over 30s. The Wildcat is unfortunately made with quad parts. The diffs, bevel gears and drive shafts won't hold up. I know guys run bigger sizes, and say they have no issues, but it's a breakage waiting to happen, IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would advise against any tire size over 30s. The Wildcat is unfortunately made with quad parts. The diffs, bevel gears and drive shafts won't hold up. I know guys run bigger sizes, and say they have no issues, but it's a breakage waiting to happen, IMO. Good luck.

Unfortunately true.
If you drive hard there will be breakage; I carry a spare in my trailer of the most common:
Rear Diff. Axle. Stubby Drive Shaft. Belt. Spare Tire. Asst Bolts. And the tools to change them out at camp.

Reactions: Hollywood
1 - 8 of 8 Posts