Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 4x and just picked up some 31" motohammers. I like to ride on trails and being in Utah it is a ton of rocks. I need to get the right clutch set up for rocks and some dirt, i don't plan on sand right now but want to be able to take it Moab and have fun. I know that there are several clutch companies like, Speedworks and Dalton and EPI among others and would love to hear any recommendations from the members hear for that tire size and riding.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Administrator
27,969 Posts
Welcome cappy. Congrats on the 4X. Members seem to be really happy with the Dalton set up. I'm sure they will chime in if they see this thread.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Do yourself a favor, buy the Dalton kit, read the instructions and Bam, U are a genius clutching guru with parts to boot!

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
What is all included in the Dalton kit? Is it just weights or are there some springs as well?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the ride, hopefully a member with the same set will chime in, good luck.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I went to moab last year the 4wd is amazing, while the popo and canam drivers would bounce and hop all over I could just drive right through. My first time there but they all thought I was an expert. Ha ha. Real 4wd rocks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Dalton Clutch comes with primamry and secondary spring, I just installed and have not tested yet, was able to go a .500 gram lighter than stock.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'd recommend talking to the guys at DirtSeeker in Moab. They have lots of rental Wildcats, some with big tires and seem to have the right formula. I had them setup mine with 30" tires while I was there and it's perfect for that type of riding now. I don't know what all they did, but couldn't be happier with it.

Reactions: bloomfield mudnut

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks all for the great input, I will take a look at the Dalton set up and talk the the folks at Dirt Seeker. I had a great experience renting from them a while back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Neptune. I haven't been too many places yet. We have gone to 5 mile a couple of times and then up AF Canyon. I have only done Moab once which was awesome. Otherwise I ride up on the hill above my place in Pleasant Grove, its not much but its close and the kids like it.

How about you?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Again Welcome! I need to get out to 5 mile. Living in Eagle Mountain I do a lot of riding on Lake Mountain on the west side of utah lake. Hoping to check out Moab in Sept. Next time you head to five mile let me know! I really enjoy riding up in the uintas as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts