Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got a new forum section where we can list common issues and the resolutions or explanations of those issues.

A.K.A - Help A Fellow Wildcat Owner Out :cool:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Thanks!

There are a couple of threads that belong here that are scattered around, would it be possible to get them moved in here?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We could do that or have a simple thread created that lists the issue and then the resolution for quick reference. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hmmm..........Redlioncheif, I now see that the Admin has started a new thread to post our WC issues and resolutions.....sorry about the earlier post.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
We could do that or have a simple thread created that lists the issue and then the resolution for quick reference. Let me know what you guys think.
This is what would be most useful, a thread that starts with the issue and chops out all the chit chat and theories and other BS and gives the solution or solutions then is locked. Then you list the thread with the problem as its title in the Litterbox (still a better name IMO haha) area. Otherwise problems and solutions end up buried in the billions of pieces of info that constitute forums. Perhaps any member that wanted to take the time could cull the problem and solution(s) from the original thread that discussed it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
A dedicated section, or one long post? I think a dedicated section with a sticky at the top listing the issues and their resolutions (built up over time) would be nice - But the sticky would only have a list, and not everyone's replies.

i.e
1. Magneto Cover Falling Off
A. Remove and re-seal with...

2. Tire Pressure at 36 PSI from factory
A. Check all tires and set at the recommended 12 PSI

·
Registered
203 Posts
The thread titles can be the list, no need to duplicate. Just put them into their own forum and have them all locked.
True - But one long post to print out would also be nice - Issues and resolutions all in one print job. Seems like it would be easier for an admin to "sticky" and update one post as opposed to modify and lock several?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Having had forums using vBulletin before I know how easy it is for mods to lock threads, once the problem and solution is posted any mod with sufficient priveledge can go in and then lock the thread with ease, as well as delete any posts that slip in unintentionally after the solution and problem is posted.

Updating a list all the time is tedious and will not be kept up to date.

Both ways have benefits lets keep the ideas coming.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here's a thought. How about one thread per issue. The thread's title defines the issue. The thread's first post describes the issue. The thread's second post is left blank by the mod or OP for later update of a link to the solution or just a description of the solution. The second link can always be updated if the solution changes. All subsequent thread posts are gibber-jab.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts