Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have been trolling the forum for a while trying to determine if a wildcat was for me. I can't stand Polaris and have had my eye on the Wildcats since they can out. I just bought a 2014 X a little over a week ago. I will be looking to you guys with experience for advice on upgrades, repairs , and maintenance since I am crossing over from a rhino. Thanks in advance.

Dane

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
Welcome DEmaXX20. Congrats on the X. I did the same thing, crossed over from a Rhino, unfortunately mine had roughly 30 K into it, LOL! First thing is keep reading threads on here, best advice. Next, understanding what you need, more than want in mods. IMO, harnesses and a harness bar should be your first buys. Safety first, you never know if/when you'll be involved in a rollover. Next, get all the tools needed for a belt change, including a spare belt. Stock AC belt, and Gates belts are the 2 most popular. Read up, and decide. You'll need a jack for jacking the Cat up, to remove the shock, so you can take the cover off. You'll need a 30 torx bit to remove the cover screws. If you decide to run without a cover, you won't need the jack, but the 30 torx bit will fit just about every other screw. You'll need a socket for the nut on the secondary, sorry don't know the size. After that, all creature comforts - seats, cages, roofs, stereos, anything you want and can afford. Ask away with any questions, somebody has probably already done it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hollywood always mentions the jack required to do the belt replacement, and he's right. But just a little added information on that is it needs to be one which has a lot of lift. Typical portable bottle jack won't do it even if you block underneath so its touching the frame at full compression. And 100% of small portable floor jacks won't have the height range either. Some guys carry jack-alls (highlifter) jacks but they are big, heavy and awkward (dangerous) to use. I've found that an RV leveling jack works well as many have a 25" range. Assuming you don't put huge tires on. The point is, test in the garage before you hit the trails.

RLW

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already tore into the clutch cover today thinking I had already blew the belt. Unfortunately the belt was In perfect shape. Looks like I snapped the rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
18 Posts
JACKS..JACKS And more jacks! Where are we getting that cool scissor jack,"Lift" for servicing the cats in our garages.
You know the one that lifts the whole machine up to around 40" for the full service without breaking our backs.

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
JACKS..JACKS And more jacks! Where are we getting that cool scissor jack,"Lift" for servicing the cats in our garages.
You know the one that lifts the whole machine up to around 40" for the full service without breaking our backs.
IMO, start a thread. A lot of members don't go on the new member threads, so don't know if this will get seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts