Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Im a new member to this site. I have a question that’s probably going to annoy long time members. I have a 2016 wildcat X with 30” tires and 4” portals. My problem is my wife is 4’ 11”. I modified a hang on tire step that I have to take on and off to help her get out on uneven terrain. It fold up and has a piece of angle iron I welded to it to protect the plastic and does a great job. The draw back is having to put it on and off. I’ve been called a cheap bastard cause I like modifying things to work instead of buying the expensive side steps. Do any of you have any ideas for making my on side steps to permanently mount with out spending a lot of money?

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Have to build one.

Reactions: toyman

·
Administrator
28,139 Posts
Welcome Randall.felker. Not a step idea, but what about a grab bar on the side of the cage? Low enough so she can hoist herself in? If you can weld, shouldn't be a problem. If not as mentioned, build or buy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Grab bars work, the Velcro kind, I have two of them on the passenger side. Also they make a handle like what's on the rzr, you have to cut out your glove box in order to mount it..but if it's for the wife to be happy, it's well worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank y’all. I have a grab bar on it for her already. Think I’ll look at welding something up for her. I’d like to go to 32” tires but I know she wouldn’t be able to get in it if I did.

·
Administrator
28,139 Posts
32" tires for that drive train is pushing it. I recommend staying with the 30s you have, or a different tire manufacturer for 30s.

·
Administrator
28,139 Posts
The 30” are good tires. I went with the 4” portals with 30% gear reduction and it lowered my gear ration more than I thought it would.
Understood. However, read up on here. The drive train on Wildcats are directly from their ATV line. Snapping the rear drive shaft, or grenading the rear diff are commonplace. And there aren't a lot of rear diff pieces out there anymore. Changing out the F / R diff fluid frequently helps some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts