Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Looking for a new UTV. Was looking at the KRX 1000. See a 2020 wildcat xx for sale in my area and got to reading about them. They seem really nice. I like the yamaha engine. My question is should I buy the AC xx with adventure package for $21xxx out the door or a Tracker xtr1000 at bass pro for $19000?

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Now that I have had a glass windshield, I want no part of a plastic one. Plastic develops a static charge that attracts dust. We can ride all day and not clean the glass, while others in our group have to clean their plastic windshield at nearly every stop. If you can't get the XX without the Adventure package, I would get the Tracker and spend the 2k on the accessories you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there many changes between 2018-2021 models? I'm looking at a 2021 mtr1000 and a 2020 wildcat xx.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Are there many changes between 2018-2021 models? I'm looking at a 2021 mtr1000 and a 2020 wildcat xx.
Not between the 20-21.... only change from 2018 was a new version of axles that are a lot better design and Yamaha went to a stronger connecting rod in late 19 or early 20 sometime. The connecting rod would only be an issues if you were to turbo it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like it would be a great trail rig. Would want to do 32 or 33's, clutch work, tune, exhaust, and maybe a spring upgrade. Right now I'm on the fence about the wildcat xx or a KRX.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
KRX is built like a tank!.....but, it is SLOW! A Polaris ranger will out run one so they are not very exciting to drive. I have 2 friends that have them and they both have had clutch issues and one diff problems. Great “rock” machine but not much else IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KRX is built like a tank!.....but, it is SLOW! A Polaris ranger will out run one so they are not very exciting to drive. I have 2 friends that have them and they both have had clutch issues and one diff problems. Great “rock” machine but not much else IMO.

I've seen some guys upgrading clutch weights using right coast off-road weights, v force john ecu flash, and exhaust and the krx really wakes up. I think they have a driveshaft issue. But, Kawasaki is taking care of all the issues. I know a lot more about the krx than I do the wildcat. But the wildcat has caught my eye! It's mainly the yamaha engine and the suspension that I like. I watched shock therapy's review of the wildcat 2 years ago and he really likes it. He ran a 2018 1000 miles at baja and it held up better than any other stock machine. But, a recent video he put the krx at number 1 of his favorite non turbo machines. Mainly due to the suspension and being overbuilt. I ride on the east coast. Woods, hills, mud, trails. Places like hatfield mccoy, blue ridge, etc. Mainly just wanting something that want give me too many problems. But if it does, it's easy to get parts and fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts