Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I am not complaining, I am lucky to be with her. I had to go to the dealer today and price out some accessories.....shhhh!! Lol. We all had fun with it today, but a six month warranty..... It's now winter up here and spring time brings the end of my warranty. Come on AC!! If you want to sell seasonal toys in the off season you need to attract buyers better than that. Sucks to be Canadian as we only get half of what you good folks in the USA get. But I got to see my crate... Just have to call in my accessory list and tell them when I want to pick it up. Thanks for the support guys, my wife will not let me forget it.... Lol
After all my experiences - I believe your warrantee starts when you pick it up ... soooo I wouldn't pick it up till your sure your gonna be driving it frequently.
I went back and bought the extended warrantee about a week before the 6 month warrantee expired... sure glad I did - I received about 8000 in warrantee work. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
After all my experiences - I believe your warrantee starts when you pick it up ... soooo I wouldn't pick it up till your sure your gonna be driving it frequently.
I went back and bought the extended warrantee about a week before the 6 month warrantee expired... sure glad I did - I received about 8000 in warrantee work. :rolleyes:
Promotions have to be registered with AC before they expire(end of the month) or AC will not honor rebates etc to the dealer and you could foot the bill. They can only wait till Nov 30th in my case to register with AC, and registration begins the warranty. I could gamble promotions would be better in December(and I just might) but they have my money and machine in the meantime... 8k? What went wrong if I might ask? Extended two year warranty here was $2300, or I can pay $1700 and get 3 years of warranty and a "free" winch, makes a lot of sense...

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I paid 1500 for a 2.5 year extension to the warrantee. Got leaky cases and bad bevel gears... first repaired and then a new engine while on warrantee then new bevel gears in the new engine. More recently I've just replaced the engine on my dime cuz the warrantee has run out. (all this over 4 years and 4000 miles)

Note: the dealer can sell you the warrantee for half the first quoted price if he really wants to make the sale. Lotta profit built in there. :cool:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Not sure if it's expensive to ship cross border but I got most of my aftermarket mods through MLS/Awesome offroad because of the pricing they offered. Just a suggestion to get you other options than marked up dealer pricing. MLS is a dealer but they sell in high volume and give great pricing to most - Worth the call and look.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Our doller is worth about 12 cents compared to yours thanks to our wonderful gov but any way not realy an option anymore to shop across boarder

·
Registered
469 Posts
Your dealer has pull with how and when u actually take position I bought a sled and they didn't register it for 7 months so that can be done

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Your dealer has pull with how and when u actually take position I bought a sled and they didn't register it for 7 months so that can be done
I am not liking my dealer, more concerned with an AC audit I was told. I am sympathetic to your Canadian issues(because I am one), I use a Parcel Service at the Border for USA parcels but things have stopped with our dollar. I hear trucks are flying off our dealers lots for US buyers(25% discount for them) There will never be an advantage to living in the great white north...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts