Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Brand new to the forum here. I just purchase a 2013 wildcat 4 1000 it have 80hours on it with a few aftermarket parts. To get started, does anyone have words of advice for me? Also, where are the best places to purchase factory parts as well as accessories for this machine? I appreciate your time and look forward to getting to know y’all on here!
A58939A6-02DA-4750-99DE-51DFB216062D.jpeg

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Welcome Theflyingflea, congrats. First advice I'll give you, and every other member is to get harnesses and a harness bar for your car. Safety first and fluff later. Next is to get yourself at least 2 extra belts. If you break a belt, and don't have one, you'll be stranded. Best place to buy OEM parts, especially belts is Rocky Mountain.

Also probably a good idea to change out the factory trailing arm bolts. Even though they might appear to look great, they eventually break, just check some of the threads. My gf broke one, luckily the arm didn't drop and spear the ground.

Change out all fluids. I recommend a K&N 621 oil filter, a little longer than stock so it filters a little more oil, and you can take it on and off with a wrench or socket. Oil is subjective, I've use Rotella T6 in every SXS I've ever owned.

Change the diff fluids now! Doubt they ever have been, and the diffs are loaded with notoriously weak parts. Keeping the fluid fresh helps.

That should keep you busy for awhile.

Reactions: Sklooty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thank You for the insight. I have searched around, but haven’t been able to find a service manual for this hot rod? Where is a good place to obtain part information, fluid specs and recommended maintenance?

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Great! Thank You for the insight. I have searched around, but haven’t been able to find a service manual for this hot rod? Where is a good place to obtain part information, fluid specs and recommended maintenance?
Try Country Cat, they used to have a downloadable manual. The link is in here too, so try a search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts