Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m look for a little help on my first side by side purchase. I love the way the wildcats look compared to the competition and it would be nice to have something a little different. After all my research it seems like it could potentially be a good first rig but could be a bit under powered.

I can get a new 2018 Wildcat 1000 X LTD for about 13k but should I just spend a extra couple thousand and buy a used 2019 RZR 1000 XP?

Thanks in advance,
Nate

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Welcome Racko, my best advice would be to not get a SXS, as they will slowly take all your money, LOL! The way prices are now, you can get a brand new Tracker XX, same as the Wildcat for under $16K. You should look at that before anything, IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Racko, my best advice would be to not get a SXS, as they will slowly take all your money, LOL! The way prices are now, you can get a brand new Tracker XX, same as the Wildcat for under $16K. You should look at that before anything, IMO. Good luck.
Haha I’ve tried to resist it but my buddy isn’t going to giving up on trying to get me into one. I haven’t seen any good deals on XX’s around here but they do have one at the place I’m going so I’ll check it out and see if they actually want to sell it. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
If you can swing the XX do it..if not the 2018 X for 13k is a good buy....I just bought a new 18XX for under 16k, not sure where you are but deals are out there! The rzr 1k is a good machine but really a different animal than the XX or even the X. What type of riding you do? That will also come into play. FWIW IMO I would not buy a used RZR over a new 18X and I have had both....but it really depend on where you ride and your budget.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can swing the XX do it..if not the 2018 X for 13k is a good buy....I just bought a new 18XX for under 16k, not sure where you are but deals are out there! The rzr 1k is a good machine but really a different animal than the XX or even the X. What type of riding you do? That will also come into play. FWIW IMO I would not buy a used RZR over a new 18X and I have had both....but it really depend on where you ride and your budget.
I really do like the XX and I could swing it but the ones around here new are around 20k and the few used ones are around 17k. I'm in Northern Nevada and what it will be used for is mild rock crawling and general trail riding. I just want to make sure I can keep up with my buddies 1000 XP. Coming from someone who has owned both what are some some of the pro's and con's that you felt?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I really do like the XX and I could swing it but the ones around here new are around 20k and the few used ones are around 17k. I'm in Northern Nevada and what it will be used for is mild rock crawling and general trail riding. I just want to make sure I can keep up with my buddies 1000 XP. Coming from someone who has owned both what are some some of the pro's and con's that you felt?
Is there a Cabella’s or Bass Pro around you? $17999 nation wide “No haggle” price for a 2020 XX, or XTR1000 as they call it. Be careful buying a used machine because 99% of the one around here are roaches and need a lot of attention after the purchase, not that there are not good used buys out there but most of them are the cost of new that I see.

Really you should drive both the rzr and the X to see what you like better...they are 2 completely different feeling, handling machines. Rzr has a more robust engine/driveline but frame/suspension is better on the X. Power wise they are pretty close but in a drag race the rzr wins. They worked most all of the issues out by 18 so be careful reading through a lot of the problems and stories on here. The rzr has limitless aftermarket support, AC machines are limited.

All in all if budget is important I would buy a new X for 13k any day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a Cabella’s or Bass Pro around you? $17999 nation wide “No haggle” price for a 2020 XX, or XTR1000 as they call it. Be careful buying a used machine because 99% of the one around here are roaches and need a lot of attention after the purchase, not that there are not good used buys out there but most of them are the cost of new that I see.

Really you should drive both the rzr and the X to see what you like better...they are 2 completely different feeling, handling machines. Rzr has a more robust engine/driveline but frame/suspension is better on the X. Power wise they are pretty close but in a drag race the rzr wins. They worked most all of the issues out by 18 so be careful reading through a lot of the problems and stories on here. The rzr has limitless aftermarket support, AC machines are limited.

All in all if budget is important I would buy a new X for 13k any day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s a Cabella’s close buy so I’ll check with them. But you’re right about the used thing I really don’t want to get into someone else’s problem as my first SXS.

I’m going to see if I can get some test drives to get a better idea of what I prefer but I’m thinking the new X for 13k is going to be my best bet!

Thanks again for your advice!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up picked up a 2019 XX in case you guys were wondering. After driving the X and the XX back to back I felt that the XX was on a whole nother level and so far I’m still loving it!

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
I ended up picked up a 2019 XX in case you guys were wondering. After driving the X and the XX back to back I felt that the XX was on a whole nother level and so far I’m still loving it!
Hopefully you'll be looking into harnesses.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
MLS Powersport was advertising 2018XX $15499 + $99 doc fee out the door

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
715 Posts
That deal from MLS is a no brainer! Mark will ship it to your door. Oh and X to XX again the difference is pretty large. You won't be under powered anywhere but the dunes or dry lake beds. Otherwise the handling and suspension make it more than able to hang with any company. Buy some springs, get it clutched and be happy. One question have you talked to D&P? If not you really should! They are one of the best in the country and they are close to you in Cedar City.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts