Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 16 WC limited for sale , it has 1600 miles on it , any info on what issues to look for would be greatly apreciated . Ive seen some information about a mod to help with the turning radius and some say 2018 is the best year model because most issues were fixed by then. I have a teryx 800 and was wanting a KRX but cant really afford one .

·
Administrator
27,733 Posts
Welcome roadie. There's quite a few "maybe's" that can go wrong. In no particular order, rear diff, rear drive shaft, sloppy steering due to worn out box or wadded up felt pad, possible stator issues. KRX is a great car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome roadie. There's quite a few "maybe's" that can go wrong. In no particular order, rear diff, rear drive shaft, sloppy steering due to worn out box or wadded up felt pad, possible stator issues. KRX is a great car.
Thanks Hollywood , looks like Ive got alot more research to do

·
Administrator
27,733 Posts
Reactions: Sand-n-Sea

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The 16 WC 1000 is a great ride and usually a very good value. if you practice routine maintenance and don't ride it too hard you won't have many issues. If you are handy with a wrench most issues are easily fixed. If you ride hard expect your routine maintenance to include rebuilding the rear diff every 1500 miles BEFORE it fails and carry a spare rear stubby driveshaft (very small and fits in a toolbox). Also keep the starter engaged untill the cat is running in order to avoid damage to the starter gear assembly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the billet alm steering rack fix the steering problems and decrease turning radius

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also I see they came with 27 inch tires , can they handle 30s without any mods , thats whats on one that Im looking at.Would it be better to put 27s back on it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have never had a steering issue nor did the tighter steering mod, so i can't comment on those. I run 30" tires without issue If you rock crawl or trail ride and don't drive crazy then I think 30" are fine. Larger tires do put more stress on the drivetrain, so keep vigilant on maintenance it. Also check rear suspension bolts/joints for wear and tightness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts