Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just put a deposit on a 21 xx trading in a 18 teryx and has been stone reliable. KRX was my first choice but too wide for WI trails. Hope it's the right decision. Need more cab room, more power and suspension. Any input would great.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to the family. Suspension is great. Plenty of power for my style of riding. The only thing I've had to do on my 18 is replace the steering box & I stripped a reverse gear. I think both of those issues can be associated with the 35" ag tires I'm running.

Reactions: Magic xx

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Welcome lots of good info on here.

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts
Welcome Magic xx. First thing I recommend to all members is to get harnesses. Harnesses will save your life one day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just worried about reliability. The teryx has been a rock. I'm still on the fence but nothing else fits the bill and will not by a poo poo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome Magic xx. First thing I recommend to all members is to get harnesses. Harnesses will save your life one day.
Harnesses saved my wife and I's life twice inside 2 weeks lol. Can not recommend highly enough. Didnt even drive XX 2.0 till I had swapped harnesses. As for reliability @Magic xx ours has been rock solid. Put 1500 miles on it last month alone with no issues.

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts
Harnesses saved my wife and I's life twice inside 2 weeks lol. Can not recommend highly enough. Didnt even drive XX 2.0 till I had swapped harnesses. As for reliability @Magic xx ours has been rock solid. Put 1500 miles on it last month alone with no issues.
Yep, some people worry more about stereos. I've been in this hobby since '05, I've seen people hurt, maimed, and killed. Probably 95% or more could have been avoided with harnesses. Wrist restraints are good too, but I don't like them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, some people worry more about stereos. I've been in this hobby since '05, I've seen people hurt, maimed, and killed. Probably 95% or more could have been avoided with harnesses. Wrist restraints are good too, but I don't like them.
I splurged after the first one got totaled and got the speed window nets. Not as good as legit racing ones but I think they should keep our hands and arms inside in a roll over. The lambo windows also get looks everywhere haha.

·
Registered
901 Posts
X2...
Heard of a guy getting killed in Pismo in a gen1 800 Rzr before I even bought mine back in 08...hit his head on the B-pillar bar...no other real injuries...mine went in right away...also bought a set for my buddy who is stubborn.

Wife gets wrist restraints also.

Welcome Magic XX...you will love this car...still love mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or if they have slowed down?

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts
Or if they have slowed down?
Not really. Statistics show 99% of all roll overs happen going 5 mph or less! People always think that drivers are out of control / hair on fire / driving fast as they can, and that's usually not the case.

At any speed, if you roll, and don't have harnesses and are spit out of the car and the car comes back down on you, especially the cage, there's a very good chance you won't survive.

Reactions: Wasteland1080

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not really. Statistics show 99% of all roll overs happen going 5 mph or less! People always think that drivers are out of control / hair on fire / driving fast as they can, and that's usually not the case.

At any speed, if you roll, and don't have harnesses and are spit out of the car and the car comes back down on you, especially the cage, there's a very good chance you won't survive.

Do they make harness for big fellas?

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Like me?

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts
Reactions: Dunegod

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
RJS made my 6 pt set with longer than normal anti-subs. I'm sure they can tailor a harness for a big guy. I bought mine through their presence on ebay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Do they make harness for big fellas
What year is your xx?

·
Administrator
27,868 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts