Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I was shorter and bigger and I have a DragonFire 4pt 2" wide harness and I never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Still shorter, just not as heavy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, welcome to the best kept secret in the sxs industry. That's the XX!! Everyone one on here is super safe as you can see! I would say is get out and ride it first and see how your going to ride. Then start to invest into your accessories as it makes sense. Enjoy the ride. Get ear plugs too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also go 6'4" and am 330lb. I believe my rig has dragonfire 2" harnesses in it aswell and they fit great and I still have room for plenty of adjustment. We just put 190 miles on the XX running from Townesend to Florence and back Saturday. You will like it, I can guranatee that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a 2020 xx back in March of 2020. Love the thing big upgrade from the sport. Only problem I have had is a bad axle but warranty covered it. Very plus ride and plenty of cab space. It is very loud though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am 6'8" and have been as heavy as 340 in my XX with no issues adjusting my Harnesses. I have had ProArmor 3" and Slasher 3" . Both have had plenty of adjustment left for me. The XX was also the only Sport SXS I found that I fit comfortable in. I got it before the KRX came out and I have never sat in a KRX . I have rolled with and with out harnesses . Neither time was in my XX. The time I rolled without them was violent and I was hurting for days after. I got harnesses after that and better seats. It was an old Teryx and both roll overs were very minor and did almost no damage to the cage or body. The second time I rolled I was surprised at how comfortable and safe it felt. I put my hand out thinking I could stop the roll. Turns out I'm big, but the teryx was bigger. I had the cage land on my hand and if not for the foot of snow I might have a longer story. My hand was hurting for a few days after but the rest of my body was fine. Unlike the rollover I had without the harnesses. The first thing I did when I got my XX was get a set of Harnesses. I got the Slasher brand because I had a dealer account with MTA and will only sell something I would use myself. They are out of business in the US. But still sold up in Canada. The price is similar between most brands , so price should be the last thing on your mind when it comes to picking which brand. They will keep you safe and pay for themselves if you ever roll or crash. even just driving is more comfortable in them. They do not get tighter as you go through bumps, jumps etc like a stock belt. And the way they hold you in the seat lets you relax and not feel like you have to hold onto something. I bring my mother out for rides and we just cruise around slowly. But she loves the harnesses too for how they hold her in the seat and she has said she used to feel beat up but with the harnesses she no longer gets the after ride pain she got when I had the regular belts. That was in the older Teryx. Of course totally different machines, and I would much rather be in my XX than my old Teryx if and when I rollover next. The cage, everything is so much stronger on the XX. Both rollovers were so minor that I was lucky. Getting out of them is just as fast or faster after you get used to them. Much easier to unclip from the harness than the belt while hanging from them too . I will put a set into any vehicle that I drive off road from now on. I got my XX second hand and other than some issues caused by either bad setup from the dealer or the previous owner overlooking some stuff it has been solid. If and when I get another one, I will make sure I give it a really good lookover before I drive it. It is so much fun to drive and is a solid machine. The only reason I would buy a different one would be if I find something that I fit in better , and is made by Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki maybe Canam. But the frontend on the XX looks like it is so much stronger than the others that use regular ball joints . The RZR's that break when you bump something. The new Speed SXS's look like they could be amazing. Hopefully they have the durability on par or better than the others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I also go 6'4" and am 330lb. I believe my rig has dragonfire 2" harnesses in it aswell and they fit great and I still have room for plenty of adjustment. We just put 190 miles on the XX running from Townesend to Florence and back Saturday. You will like it, I can guranatee that.
We drop off in Gillette head north to Lakewood/ Townsend maybe see you out there sometime..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts